• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold DIY Tube Mic Preamp (1/2 complete), Mic Input Transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintagelove

Hi and thanks for looking, today I'm selling the following.

SOLD

1 - 2u 2 Channel Tube Mic Preamp - This started life as a project a friend of mine and I began. We had worked on a prototype single channel unit (which sounded very good). Then we went to build this, unfortunately he had health issues mid build so on the shelf it went. The dc filament part of the power supply is complete and tested, I believe the cards are complete (skip the first 12ax7 stage for more practical gain). Shouldn't be hard to suss out (have the schematic) or just replace the cards with your own circuit. Just looking to make space and have too many other preamps I need to get to (looking to build a console). $100

2 - Sescom Mic input transformers - These were the Jensen 15 equivalent and were pulled directly from my MCI JH428 console (which was loaded with half Jensen, half sescom iron. In that circuit they didn't sound all that different. $50 each OBO. (I'll update model # and pics later tonight)

$160 for both preamp and transformersIMG_1936.jpegIMG_1932.jpeg

Last edited:
Back