drewtronics sherlock dead or alive ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that experience.  I have a million 9v wall warts laying around anyway, so i should just shutup and save some money!  ;D

I started looking into how to link the 1176 and came across hairball's kit.  its $9.  Maybe I can compare schematics and find the equivalent spots, try to match the fets somewhat, and experiment to see if I can get em close enough for my purposes.  Its a pretty cheap experiment.  If that doesn't work, then I have an incentive to build another Rev A to put that stereo link to use!  :p

Looks like the same transformers for this guy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shure-Microphone-Input-Transformers_W0QQitemZ270483374490QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Electronics_R2?hash=item3efa10c19a

Yeah, I've got an original level-loc opened up right now, and they look mighty similar, what with the open ended can, the colors of the leads, and the screw and "rotation stop" (or whatever those tabs are officially called) on the end.  Mine's an M62, and thus doesn't have the aux out and input pad, but the transformers look like the same ones, the only difference i can discern, is the rotation stop on mine seem to be kind of rounded off, instead of rectangular. 

ben

Latest posts

Back