Dual SSL Ready (pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi Viitalahde,

yep you select the meter with the rotaty it works fine for me....

dual toroids because first I ordered the parts then I decided to do a 2 in a box config... bad planning really... :?

Looks great, that one!

:thumb:

But you will need to do something about labelling all these knobs. There's too many for memorizing them all...!

Jakob E.

:grin:

true sometimes I just get mixed I guess i have to learn them by heart...

thanks jakob for the support you always give...

Very nice! Can the two be linked to get four channel compression?

Also: can someone explain the "parallel rectefier thing" to me?
I'm about to begin with my Stereo 1176 clone and was also thinking about using only one toroid...

Thanks

Very nice !!! I like the symmetry. Do you plan to get the front panel engraved?

Also, do you have a ground point on your chassis? I couldn't really tell from the pictures.

[quote author="Viitalahde"]i'm just quessing you could run the both of'em with one. Looks juicy enough. Then you could build another two with the spare toroid. :razz:[/quote]

I love the way you hink Jakko! Just like me! "I've got an extra tire so I might as well build another car!"

This kind of thinking has emptied my pockets and bought more projects than I can build at the moment! At least I'll be keeping busy.

Shane

Hi Guys,

Greg, I don't know which point I'm going to ground the chassis at and how, any help on that one...it's already really silent I just want to try gounding the chassis.

for the VCAs I used 2180 (pre trimmed).

Not planning to engrave the fronts ( I like unlabeled equipment :) )

Thanks for the nice words guys.

As for the extra toroid I remember gyraf saying that it's better to leave this project working as is.I just did that really.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back