Dumb Computer Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gold

My DAW is a Windows 7 64 bit pro operating system. I want to print out the file list of my HD's . Just the highest level under the drive letter with project name folders. I haven't updated my credit list in over five years. It's time. If I try a screen shot the print is too small. I thought copy and pasting into Wordpad would work but it doesn't so far. Any ideas?

on cmd.exe screen
type below to print your current directory to txt file (will print full list of files when u use command "dir".
dir>print.txt

edit: print.txt file will be saved in ur current directory...

to print any directory without tree  from ur current location on cmd.exe
(normally u r on C:\users\username )

dir [directory]>nameoffile.txt

ie: to print to txt file whats on drive E 's  "test folder"
dir E:\test folder>mydirectorylist.txt

this will save "mydirectorylist.txt" on ur current directory... C:\users\username

You are talking to a idiot. I'm not sure I understand. I want to print out the folder names just under the directory level. In other words my E drive has Project Folders under the directory. Project A, Project B, Project C, etc. These folder names are what I want to print out.

If I open the command prompt what do I type to print out that level on any of the three audio drives I have connected?

Gold said:
my E drive has Project Folders under the directory. Project A, Project B, Project C, etc. These folder names are what I want to print out.

If I open the command prompt what do I type to print out that level on any of the three audio drives I have connected?

on command prompt
type:
dir D:>myfilesD.txt
dir E:>myfilesE.txt
etc etc...

myfilesD.txt will be saved at whatever the command prompt shows u. it should be
c:\Users\ur user name>

u can use chdir, cd etc dos commands to browse around! or from ur windows!

edit: this above  doesnt print, it saves to txt file, where u can print easier...

Back