Eagle Lessons

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no experience of any of these packages. Once you've modelled something in Spice, is there an import function to bring the schematic into KiCAD / Eagle / DipTrace?

I am on a Mac too

Nick Froome

pvision said:
I have no experience of any of these packages. Once you've modelled something in Spice, is there an import function to bring the schematic into KiCAD / Eagle / DipTrace?

In general, the answer is no. There are things in a SPICE simulation that are not needed for a board design, and there are things in the board design which are not needed for simulation. (Can you simulated a mounting hole or a connector?)

In SPICE, for example, you probably don't care that the resistor is anything more than just a resistor, but for your board you care whether it's a through-hole or SMD part, its tolerance, its power rating, all of that stuff.

My guess is that most SPICE simulations aren't all that complicated, so recapturing the design in your schematic tool of choice is not that painful.

Back