Ecoplate II controller

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

We have two Echoplates with manual dampeners far away from the control rooms at Electrical Audio.  I'm considering designing a Arduino-like controlled stepper motor assembly to act as a remote control for the dampener.  The goal would be to have the remote control be done via a wifi to either a panel in the control room, or even through a simple app on the phone. 
Never having done this before, I was wondering if anyone else has any suggestions.  Seems like a good summer project.

Greg

I don't exactly know the mechanics behind the project, the electronics seems quite doable, an ESP8266 could handle the whole project probably, as you need the wifi but only a few IO ports and you can program it from the Arduino IDE.

For the phone app there are quite a lot of option, I've used myqtt for a project controlling some dimmers via wifi, it can handle to do so via internet so you can control it from other location but you don't need that, maybe you can find an even simpler solution. There are examples out there for the micro firmware and an app for the phone that you only need to configure the connectivity. The same firmware programs the app interface.

JS

Latest posts

Back