KEPEX II issues

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecaltd

Happy New Year All !

Thinking about putting my PR10A rack out on the road.. however quite a few of the Kepex II units are having issues :

* no range control
* some jittering on the dispalys..

I've tried moving the modules between slots, no love.. several of the apparently functioning modules seem to work properly in these slots. Nothing feels warm on any of the faulty ones..

Tried exercising the the pots..

Gain Brains aren't showing any wierdness..

Does anyone know if the TA101's are prone to failure ?

They are a mix of H & K versions, the ones that have socket mounted chip have had the mandatory crunching done.

Any ideas before I mount up the Drawmers again :ROFLMAO:

Many thanks !
gb

I've got some that I've recapped, cleaned the pots, redone a bunch of solder joins and deoxited the connectors and they've gone from all over the shop to working reliably again. When things reach a certain age they're due a refurbishment.

It could be so many things it's impossible to list them all.
If signal goes through, then the VCA is probably good.
You need to follow the DC control from the range pot, through U17, U9, U15, U14, U2, U11

I guess the first step should grabbing a card edge connector and making a test rig for the bench ! Then move onto the Allison Kepex's :p

I've got some that I've recapped, cleaned the pots, redone a bunch of solder joins and deoxited the connectors and they've gone from all over the shop to working reliably again. When things reach a certain age they're due a refurbishment.
... just like my old bones !

Cheers,
gb

Latest posts

Back