Ela-M 251 Body from Aliexpress

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't say that i have no clou ;). I choosed the M23 series mainly because of the inflating prices of the antique amphenol tuchel 7 pins (available at Binder but badly distributed in Europe). And now i have problems finding Binder M23 i need for future projects :((

175V is perfectly, that should deliver about (x 1.41) 245V DC, not rippled. Theoretically you can use every transformer above 120V AC secondary for the plate Voltage. You have more than enough Voltage after the D1-D4 diode bridge for the ripple the B+Plate down to 120 V DC, what is needed as Plate Voltage for the Mic. Might be possible that you want to decrease the R1 and R2 75K Ohm Dropresistors to 50k Ohm used for 175V instead of a 200V AC secondary output Transformer. But not really necessary. There is B+ R4 trimmer with 250k is for adjusting properly the 120V DC. The secondary 9V AC is ideal for generating the LM317 regulated Tube Heater/Filment Voltage down to 6.3V DC. If Poctops included "L" PSU - PCB is too big / high or to broad for the Retro Case, mount it with two bottom mounted 45 degree bent metal angles, diagonal, no disadvantage.
Have you (or anyone) used the Retro with Poctops L PCB? If so, can you send any photos of how you go it to fit? With the caps sticking out, it's feeling a bit sketchy and I am curious what the best way to make it work is. Please and thank you!!

Latest posts

Back