EMI 711 Monitor switches

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimG

GDIY Supporter
I have lucked into a par of these 711s (not 711a ??) and while I’m sure I can make a functional connection on this broken switch, does anyone have any ideas new switches of this type, new or used?
I don’t have it in my hands yet, I’m humble bragging.

Attachments

• IMG_4518.jpeg
    IMG_4518.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4517.jpeg
    IMG_4517.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 0
Nice! Looks a little like the 1176 ratio switch array, I wonder how close the dimensions are. Do you know if these are interlocking & exclusive, where pushing one in releases any that are already in?

Ah, got you. These kinds of push switch arrays aren't as common these days I think, but they're definitely still out there.

Interested to hear how the speakers sound when you get them up and running.

For decades these types of switches (called the F series) were made by the Rudolph Schadow company. C&K switch now owns the product line. If you look at page A-90 of the attached data sheet you'll see the possible configurations. Note that an "array" of multiple switches have to be fabricated by either the factory or a "value added" distributor. Eons ago, I found a value-added company in Houston TX....but I can't recall the name of that company.

Or, maybe all you will need is just a new button "cap"? And, other companies made this type of switches as well.

Bri

Attachments

• F-series switches.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 0
Thanks! I’m hoping just the button biscuit is smashed from an impact, but I can make one out of putty etc.

Lots of myth in where these were used . These are bigger than the Dangerously Loud Speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_4539.jpeg
    IMG_4539.jpeg
    551.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4540.jpeg
    IMG_4540.jpeg
    777.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4541.jpeg
    IMG_4541.jpeg
    767.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1762.jpeg
    IMG_1762.jpeg