epoxy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

I am looking for a conductive epoxy. Does anyone have any knowage of what brand(s) are good or where to find conductive epoxy?

Epo-Tek H20E is the stuff I've been using and seems to be pretty popular. It's a silver-filled 2 part epoxy.... hope that helps.

[quote author="ebeam"]Epo-Tek H20E[/quote]

That one is actually used for semiconductor manufacturing (chip bonding, whatever that is). Also, it's a snap cured epoxy, which means it requires heat to cure. Try their EE182-1, which sets in about 2 hours at room temperature. Go to http://www.epotek.com/ for more info.

Epotek is like two miles from my place. Let me know if I can somehow be of any geographically-oriented assistance.

Peace,
Al.

What is the purpose of electricaly coductive epoxy as opposed to coductive epoxy?

Cheers,

elco

[quote author="elco"]What is the purpose of electricaly coductive epoxy as opposed to coductive epoxy?[/quote]

Epoxies can be optically conductive, thermally conductive, UV-conductive, electrically conductive...

Al.

thanks for the info

I did google it before posting and found very expensive Silver electric conductive. >$80.00 USA for small amounts

I have thermal conductive for gluing heatsinks on chips.

I want to use electrical conductive to glue grilla in microphones that are made of Al.

CJ,
I think he meant to type, "grillae" as in plural grills, like antennae... :grin: :grin: :grin:

You'd only need a gorilla in your mic if you are recording jungle music, in which case you'd want to make sure you got that guy glued down good! :razz: :razz: :razz:

Peace!
Charlie

Back