• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Everything Must Go C12/Lola/API,SSL,51X Rack and PSU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toure14

Title says it all. Everything must GO!! My lifestyle has changed so my loss is your gain.

I am selling as a package:

1-C12 (chunger) Mic with 12AU7 GE micgrade tube and RK12 capsule (pristine sound)! PSU and all case accessories included.
1-G51X Rack & PSU
1-API VP28 mic Pre
1-Lola mic Pre
1-GIX White Face tube Pre (Lundahl transformers and 12AU7 clear top tubes paired and tested. Can be swapped out.)
1-GIX Black Face tube Pre (OEP & EA2622 transformers with Backplate tubes paired and tested. Can be swapped out.)
1-The Don classics NV73 Pre
1-SSL 4K5 Pre
1-SSL 9K5 Pre
1-API Pre Tester
1-TSKguy HK67 Capsule
1-Poctop D67 PCB kit with tube holder and styrene caps
And a bunch of extras!!!!

So everything works perfectly except the NV73. I built the pre to spec but it never fired up which is why I brought the tester. I suspect something on the input side but I never got around to troubleshooting it. Anyone well versed in audio will get a steal with the package and definitely a steal with this pre as it is built to the DONs specs with carnhill transformers. So this is why you see the knobs off in the picture as well.

All the other press work no problem. The issue with the 9K5 (black face SSL pre) is that the gain pot needs to be changed as it was the wrong one that was sent to me in my order. You see in the picture sitting on the right side of the rack ear is a gain pot and the lighting meter that will have to get soldered into that unit. The issue the pot that is currently installed on the 9K5 is causing is too much gain and clipping at moderate levels.

I aim including a U67 pub and kit as I never got around to that project as well as the highly pristine sounding HK67 capsule from TSKguy. Also included is U87 pub that is semi complete. I later went the tapered U87 route which is why I was left with that one. Plus I have a ton of unused, still in the mouser bag, spare parts and will be including that as well. resistors, film caps, transistors etc...

Total asking price is $1400+fees+shipping
In no rush to sell or strapped for cash so not looking to split up the equipment. I want to make 1 trip to UPS thats why it is all priced to sell.

I have detailed pics of everything so if you are interested or have questions please send me a message. Located in California so west coast time zone. Paypal only!!!

Thanks for stopping buy ;D

Attachments

• IMG_4382-2.JPG
    IMG_4382-2.JPG
    809.2 KB · Views: 215
Wow smoking deal!!  :eek: :eek:

I will continue to support my capsule if you have any issues!

Eric

I received everything as described.
Looking forward to trying everything out.
Gonna trouble shoot the NV73, I've built 4 of them, so I'll try to figure it out.
Everything else looks good. Great builder.
Without having to take it apart, What transformer is in the mic?
Thanks for everything and Good luck to you.
Robert

sorry for the late reaponse. Glad to hear you received everything and you are happy with my soldering skills :)

As for the mic i went with the AMI T14 I believe

Latest posts

Back