F*uck You in Sing Language. Funny!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone remember what this was? Is it funnier with the audio?

"This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted."

I agree totally, Ian. You'd have to be a total idiot to pull your work from such a highly viewed upload.

Having said that, I seem to remember reading somewhere that YT has algorithms that parse uploads, using software not dissimilar to Shazzam, for the purpose of IDing copyrighted works. I wonder if there's a possibility that YT pulled it even before a complaint emerged?

thermionic said:
I agree totally, Ian. You'd have to be a total idiot to pull your work from such a highly viewed upload.

Having said that, I seem to remember reading somewhere that YT has algorithms that parse uploads, using software not dissimilar to Shazzam, for the purpose of IDing copyrighted works. I wonder if there's a possibility that YT pulled it even before a complaint emerged?

Not sure how exactly the algorithm works but: "...Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted."

> reading somewhere that YT has algorithms that parse uploads

Yes. I had an essentially silent clip of Corgis in snow. As a lark, I backed it with bad recording of an obscure old Spector X-Mas jingle, contaminated by the yips and shouts.

The next day YouTube emailed me saying the music was copyright, but that was OK if they put an ad next to it; or I could withdraw the video. WTH, I had no problem with that.

I looked-up their scanner (or blog speculations and experiments). It appears to work despite significant change of speed or pitch, significant editing, all the easy tricks. I think by the time you foil it, you also foil most human hearers.

In fact I have never seen a related ad next to my "infringing" clip. Today I see ads for Gmail At Work and PetSmart.

> but: "...Due to a claim by a copyright holder

I *suspect* YouTube has negotiated this with the major copyright portfolios. Obvious options:

We don't care
Give us an ad-link
Never allow

Many portfolios will be 97% dishwater and 3% Precious Hits, so I assume they can list specific options for specific tunes/artists as well as an option for "everything else".

Latest posts

Back