Farnell takeover

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm interesting. theyre my main supplier (so to speak!) despite being slightly pricier theyre service is impeccable, and they have everything.

cheers

Paradigm X said:
hmm interesting. theyre my main supplier (so to speak!) despite being slightly pricier theyre service is impeccable, and they have everything.

cheers

Me too. They are the only place I have a trade account (because they phoned up and asked if I would like one!) and that gives me free delivery even on very small value orders. Very handy when you need just a few bits in ahurry.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
free delivery even on very small value orders. Very handy when you need just a few bits in ahurry.

RS have been doing free next day delivery for online orders for a while now, No minimum order charge either.

Shame about their website though...

The secret with Farnell is to cross-check their prices with CPC - a sister company - and buy from whichever gives the best deal or fastest delivery, depending on your requirements

CPC can be dramatically cheaper for some items. The only problem is finding out which...

Nick Froome

pvision said:
The secret with Farnell is to cross-check their prices with CPC - a sister company - and buy from whichever gives the best deal or fastest delivery, depending on your requirements

CPC can be dramatically cheaper for some items. The only problem is finding out which...

Nick Froome

For a long time CPC had a lower minimum order value for free  delivery than Farnell so I used them whenever I could but Farnell have now much reduced their minimum order value.  CPC stock a much smaller range than Farnell but they do have some useful parts that Farnell do not. CPC generally have very few data sheets so you have to find the same part at Farnell to make sure it is just what you want. CPC do some great bargains - I get a regular CPC bargains list in the post. Last week, for our new beach hut, I bought a 6 inch aluminium pan, a toaster for our litle gas burner, a 5 litre water carrier and four gas cylinders for less than £10 delivered free next day.

And if you want an illuminated inflatable life size Santa this Christmas, CPC is the place to go.

Cheers

Ian

I have said this before...

Be sure to check quantities and types when buying from CPC. I have received short orders, missing items and random substitutions from CPC. They are cheaper than Farnell, but can be a little sloppy.

For example I have a pile of 2 pin DIN plugs (!) that came by mistake in place of the normal 3 pin DIN. I didn't spot those until about half a year later when I finished the previous stock, so could not return.

Stewart

zebra50 said:
I have said this before...

Be sure to check quantities and types when buying from CPC. I have received short orders, missing items and random substitutions from CPC. They are cheaper than Farnell, but can be a little sloppy.

Stewart

I have never had that problem with CPC. Maybe its a war of the roses thing?

Cheers

Ian

zebra50 said:
For example I have a pile of 2 pin DIN plugs (!) that came by mistake

Swop you for some 4-pin DIN plugs I bought for Quad amps? When you pull them out the plastic cover comes off, leaving the plug in the amp. Every time!

Nick Froome

ruffrecords said:

Cheers

Ian

It could be! Officially we are still at war... I think .

(I actually grew up in Preston but I have slowly come to realise that it is on the wrong side of the pennines...)

zebra50 said:
ruffrecords said:

Cheers

Ian

It could be! Officially we are still at war... I think .

(I actually grew up in Preston but I have slowly come to realise that it is on the wrong side of the pennines...)

My son-in-law is from Yorkshire. He calls Lacastrians rubber-neckers because they are always looking over the Pennines to see what Yorkshire folk are up to. Strangely, he met my daughter when they were both at Lancaster University.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back