UK front panel maker

Help Support GroupDIY:

TwentyTrees

Wow. I don’t know if my eyes are finally failing or what, but I’ve looked at this several times, zoomed in, all that, and my brain is definitely still seeing white. Pretty impressive! Also, beautiful panels overall, congrats.
Thanks! To be honest it's a bit more obviously not-quite-white in person, but it's still great - I've used the light grey Sifam knobs on a more recent build and it complements those perfectly.

Rob Flinn

Does anyone know if Meface are still in business ? I have twice asked them for a quote through there contact page & have never had any response from them.

TwentyTrees

Yep, the sales@ address is the one that I use. Their director Russ is generally very on it. I last heard from them mid-April.

elskardio

I've recently had a number of panels produced by Meface, and I wanted to post a quick report as I've been very impressed with both their products and their service.

As Ian notes, the result of the printing process is quite different to the UV printing I've had done elsewhere, and both looks and feels great. I tend to go with dark panels with white legends for my own projects, which wasn't possible with Meface as they can't print white (ink particle vs aluminium pore size, as I understand it) but in the end the natural alu legend with dark printed "background" looks rather sharp I think.

View attachment 80583

I will also say that their machining is absolutely beautifully done - very precise, and very neat. As well as the above, I had them make a couple of pieces to bolt together into a 500 series bracket for a custom switching and power filtering module, and it came together perfectly.

View attachment 80584

I should note that their service doesn't work for everything (they don't do bending or standoffs, and sometimes you need white print). That said, I've been really happy and I will certainly be using them again, given the relatively low cost and high quality of their product!
Hi TwentyTrees,

how much did you pay for the 500 series panel?
It looks good!

Did you send Meface a .FPD file?
Cheers

TwentyTrees

Hi TwentyTrees,

how much did you pay for the 500 series panel?
It looks good!

Did you send Meface a .FPD file?
Cheers
Yes, they accept FPD. Price is hard to say exactly, as I ordered a whole bunch of stuff together (some anodised and printed, some natural and unprinted for internal use) and the quote wasn't itemised. Average for both was £18, so the full printed ones are not expensive - certainly under £30 a panel I think.

ruffrecords

Yes, they accept FPD. Price is hard to say exactly, as I ordered a whole bunch of stuff together (some anodised and printed, some natural and unprinted for internal use) and the quote wasn't itemised. Average for both was £18, so the full printed ones are not expensive - certainly under £30 a panel I think.
It used to say something along the lines of the following on their web iste: "For a 3U high panel in 2mm thick aluminium the price is usually £1 per HP" It does not really matter how many holes of what size it has or what the printing needs to be. Special additional mechanical steps like counterboring are extra but basic panels usually turn out to be very close to the standard price.

Cheers

ian

fragletrollet

nice, cool to see some alternatives. So they don't do white print at all? Or is it just under certain circumstances...?

I've usually gone with engraving with white infill, but am thinking to try UV print or the subsurface method MeFace does. Text and such can easily be printed instead of engraved, saving a good chunk of money. Still want engraving for the artwork/logo on the frontpanel tough, but the possibilities with high definition color print is exciting; who says the panel needs to be monochrome etc; you can really make textures to fill the metal with, as a much more exciting alternative to a fixed "background" color.

Would love to see some comparison photos of FPE's UV print and MeFace's subsurface method, if anyone have panels from both!

Latest posts