fedex denied....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

So i am trying to take some of the sting out of this and seeking advice. I ordered some parts online for a repair. they were not too expensive but not too cheap either, total was a few hundred. Parts were paid for and shipped via fedex. according to fedex the parts were delivered, left on my door step. The order was shipped without signature required, something I did not approve and didn't know about it till it was already shipped. I happened to be away from home hat afternoon when the delivery was made and when i came home that evening, no package was to be found. I searched everywhere and no package was found. In tracking searches, fedex had the correct address and marked the order as delivered. I immediately contacted the parts store which is a small vendor. The store, filed a claim with fedex and it was denied. Next the store contacted me and said the claim was reopened and escalated with their fedex representative. Now the store is telling me they feel their fedex rep is ghosting them.
At this point I needed the parts as of weeks ago when i first ordered them so my only action aside from email all parties and fedex was to rebuy parts. If it was so specialized i would have shopped elsewhere the second time. At least the store did give me a discount the second time.
Is there any further action I can do here? I have thought about chargebacks on the card used to purchase the items as i never received them but the store, although small is reputable and would hate to put a small mom and pop out. I feel the onus is on fedex and or the store.
What recourse can I take here?

I got burned by UPS a few years back, same situation, they said it was delivered but I didn't receive the package. I was basically SOL and took it as a loss.

These days, if it's something of value, I either get signature confirmation or follow the tracking and have it delivered to the nearest FedEx or UPS drop off and pick it up in person.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help much. I'm assuming you checked with all of your neighbors? I know I've had packages accidentally delivered to the wrong address.

I got burned by UPS a few years back, same situation, they said it was delivered but I didn't receive the package. I was basically SOL and took it as a loss.

These days, if it's something of value, I either get signature confirmation or follow the tracking and have it delivered to the nearest FedEx or UPS drop off and pick it up in person.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help much. I'm assuming you checked with all of your neighbors? I know I've had packages accidentally delivered to the wrong address.
I am afraid that will be the case. But great idea for future. It will be an inconvenience but a safe option.

That sucks... what's worse the porch pirate who stole it probably doesn't know what to do with it.

It seems like the responsibility of the shipper to request signature (which probably cost more ).

Maybe leave another package on your porch with a message inside offering to buy the stuff back. If they are that dumb use your imagination about what to do next. ;)

JR

That sucks... what's worse the porch pirate who stole it probably doesn't know what to do with it.

It seems like the responsibility of the shipper to request signature (which probably cost more ).

Maybe leave another package on your porch with a message inside offering to buy the stuff back. If they are that dumb use your imagination about what to do next. ;)

JR
I see ring in my future or similar device.

I had a similar situation beginning of this year. Fedex claimed the package was delivered at 2:13pm. The lady on the phone was pretty chill, and I explained to her that yes, a fedex truck indeed was infront of my house at 2:13pm, however, the driver never left the truck and no delivery was made. She asked how I knew this. I told her i had it all on video from my Ring doorbell. She had me send the video to her via email. They called me back next day and honored the insurance claim. This isn't the first time that my Ring has solved issues for me. Can't recommend having some type of surveillance at your door at all times enough, no matter where you live. If its possible to do it, just do it, it will pay for itself.

I have several surveillance cameras pointed at my pecan trees around my house to see tree rats.

I have one pointed out my kitchen door.

These days the fedex/ups guys just drop the package and ring my doorbell or lightly knock on the door, as they exit the area.

JR

PS: There is a ring doorbell camera TV commercial that I find particularly irritating. I dive for my DVR to FF through it every time.

I've had many problems with shipping companies before, not FedEx but DHL, and it is a lost battle if you ask me. I really hope you can find a solution to your problem. Please keep us posted.

Sorry to hear that.

As the parcel was not delivered to you, it is not your responsibility to claim for non-delivery. It is the sender's responsibility. So, ask for a refund from the seller and let them deal with it.

Unfortunately, with Covid they invented this surreal notion that somehow leaving a parcel on your doorstep and taking a photograph of it as a proof is delivery. It is not and it has no legal basis.

Once DPD left a parcel for my sister-in-law under the bush in the front garden and insisted that it was delivered. The goods were naturally ruined by the rain. I had sent a parcel to a customer in Europe, the courier did not leave a card, did not phone or e-mail to the customer and returned the goods back to us. They argued that the customer was not in. Kafka makes more sense. Anyhow, in both cases paypal payment protection sorted it out.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.

As the parcel was not delivered to you, it is not your responsibility to claim for non-delivery. It is the sender's responsibility. So, ask for a refund from the seller and let them deal with it.

Unfortunately, with Covid they invented this surreal notion that somehow leaving a parcel on your doorstep and taking a photograph of it as a proof is delivery. It is not and it has no legal basis.

Once DPD left a parcel for my sister-in-law under the bush in the front garden and insisted that it was delivered. The goods were naturally ruined by the rain. I had sent a parcel to a customer in Europe, the courier did not leave a card, did not phone or e-mailed to the customer and returned the goods back to us. They argued that the customer was not in. Kafka makes more sense. Anyhow, in both cases paypal payment protection sorted it out.
They didn’t take a photo as far as I know. If they have, I have not seen it.

I've had many problems with shipping companies before, not FedEx but DHL, and it is a lost battle if you ask me. I really hope you can find a solution to your problem. Please keep us posted.
Solution seems to be hold at a fedex shop center and go pick up in the future. Add to that ring camera and reorder of parts again. The store is doing signature required this time and Saturday delivery.
The original shipment vanished like a fart in the wind and it looks like fedex won’t honor any claim.

Just to add ... from my experiences, signature required does nothing. They'll drop it off and walk away even when signature required is listed. I've been home too many times waiting for a signature delivery wondering if they forgot me then walk outside and see a package.
I've just started requesting the package to be held at a store nearby and I go pick it up.

Last edited:
Just to add ... from my experiences, signature required does nothing. They'll drop it off and walk away even when signature required is listed. I've been home too many times waiting for a signature delivery wondering if they forgot me then walk outside and see a package.
I've just started requesting the package to be held at a store nearby and I go pick it up.
Ive had this happen too. Wondering who signed for it. I probably should have raised a concern with FEDEX about it since it was left with "no signature" as the signer. Driver literally wrote "no signature". Probably didnt want to wait for me to answer the door to sign.

So out some cash, reordered parts at a discount. This time shipper sends with signature required. I was home this time. I answer the door when fedex arrives, they hand me my package and didn’t have me sign anything. Their best was are you “pucho812”. When I said yes, my package was handed to me and off they went. While I am happy I finally got what I needed I am now miffed I didn’t have to sign. Is that post Covid rules?

The delivery drivers are under intense pressure to deliver high productivity. UPS was notorious for following drivers around with stop watches. Union contracts with unionized delivery drivers (like UPS) often trade negotiated wage increases against higher productivity promises.

JR

Latest posts

Back