Feeler: an "Eee-Zzz" christmas present...ez1073 and ez1073-500

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek:
Will those be available as kits?
I would have to get a job to afford this!
:'(

haima said:
Is someone going to make panels? or do we diy... FPE / Schaeffer?
RE:500 series, how are you getting 24v? DC-DC converter? or have you reworked the circuit to run off +/- 16v?

Dan (collective cases) has said he would be happy to make the 1U cases.... not sure about the 500 series version.... I'll draw the front panels out in FPE so you can make your own anyway should you so desire.

It simply creates the 24v using a linear regulator.

deuc224 said:
Forgot to ask, will we be able to use ed andersons  input transfos with these for us US folks?

No idea..... if it is mechanically the same then yes.... if not then no.

mikefatom said:
Will you be offering full kits? or just PCBs and partial kits?

I intend to simply pass on the finished files to Gustav.... who (I presume) will be willing to make the PCB's.... won't be doing full kits.... but I will probably do a colourbook for each so that it is easy to make them.

I will need to create a revision 2 of each which will take 3-4 weeks to do....and then I'll get Gustav on the case.

There is also a new mains transformer being designed for the 1U version.... but that is still in development.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

verrrry sexy.

is that a line input and a mic input? Can the circuit be partially built without one or the other temporarily for those of us still feeling the xmas sting?

snipsnip said:
is that a line input and a mic input? Can the circuit be partially built without one or the other temporarily for those of us still feeling the xmas sting?

They both have line and mic input (on the 500 type the mic input comes from the connector in "slot 1" and the line comes from the connector in "slot 2").... the selection between mic and line is just on a toggle switch so I see no reason why you could not part build and simply hard wire the toggle switch.... if going line only you could miss out the entire first gain stage.....

The line input goes from -20dB to +20dB in 4db steps (11 way switch 0dB in the centre).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

thats amazing. I love using my 1290's on line sources with a pad, but leaving the pad connected creates some weird load issue ive never quite figured out.

This looks like a great all in one solution with a sexy eq thrown in.

very very nice.

Slenderchap said:
It simply creates the 24v using a linear regulator.
Is your method better than the DC-DC converter method in regards to these units? Is there a reason why you didn't go the DC-DC converter method like other 500 series designers for the 16v lunchboxes?

Back