Finished Mic Preamp?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case it helps, I would take a look at the API 312 schematic, as it shows a basic non-inverting gain block.  Just forget about the output transformer, and drive via your THAT chip.

API%20312%20mic%20amp.jpg

abbey road d enfer said:
You don't need R5 AND R6, one is enough, and of higher value, so it does not interfer too much with the gain pot. 100-220k should work.

Eliminated R6 and bumped R5 up to 100k. Upon doing so, does things look ok enough to start breadboarding now?

I have to agree with abbey. You don't need to complicate it.

Here's a simple transformer mic pre (Focusrite ISA110) to study/learn from.

LL1538 has 1:5 turn ratio, therefore giving you a  max of +10 dB gain at the front end.
1/2 of NE5532 in that configuration is NE5534 without the 22pF compensation capacitor.
THAT 1646 for a balanced output.

Attachments

• isa110.png
    isa110.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 73
I'm having some issues with my preamp passing signal. Transformer is missing from picture, but is wired in series which feeds NE5532 input. The potentiometer connects to the small black LN resistor in the bottom 2nd breadboard and also the output of the NE5532 that feeds the 1646 line driver.

Power supply is 15v +/-. Any help would be great, thanks you guys! The side with 3 jumpers in - rail are grounds. Transformer pins 5&10 are grounded as well. Output signal feeds a stereo 1/4" Jack. Electro caps in bottom 2nd breadboard should also be grounded, just fixed that.

https://postimg.org/image/icusxyuz1/

Latest posts

Back