fire on the mountain

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

currently surrounded by 4, now 3 fires around L.A.  Number 4 started  this morning and was  put out today, thankfully. It was about a mile from  chateau pucho.  Not a good thing to wake up  with. last two days have been super smoky all over and smells like fire burning. The big one, is 0% contained.  I received an emergency txt with watch out for high winds.  A little tense right now.

Funny how they fight fires out here,  normally when a structure or area catches fire,  they try and put out that fire. Out here they prefer to let the structure/area burn  while covering the surrounding structures with water and chemicals to prevent it from burning other things.

Not good. Fingers crossed. If I could I would gladly donate some of the UK rain we are currently experiencing.

Cheers

Ian

I tried going to valley Tuesday and the smoke was so bad I turned around. Wednesday the 405 was on fire so just about every northbound route was closed. Today wasn't as bad, but so much still smells like burning. My studio building had a big pile of ash blown in under the door.

I know some people in the hills, uneasy times, but so far so good.

I saw some pictures in the newspaper today. Some poor souls are really suffering and quite a bit of livestock has been killed. Not good.

Cheers

Ian

I just heard that Trevor Horn's house / studio in Bel Air burned down.

https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/recording/sarm-west-coast-studio-destroyed-by-wildfires

I've done quite a bit of work up there, sad news.

ruairioflaherty said:
I just heard that Trevor Horn's house / studio in Bel Air burned down.

https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/recording/sarm-west-coast-studio-destroyed-by-wildfires

I've done quite a bit of work up there, sad news.

Trevor did say they would rebuild.

Fire update.  We lost one of the good ones while in the line of duty.

We also now have the 3rd largest fire in california history burning to the north east of us. While it is getting contained, it is not at full containment and over 8000 firefighters are on it.  That does not include a few others that are around. while it has fallen off the news radar things are still serious.

Man that's crazy!

Too bad there isn't some kind of massive sprinkler system ..... You guys could use a massive rain storm right now.......

What kind of warning systems are in place for when these things start up??? Is it like a satellite system???? Too bad they spread like they do...

Hoping this will end soon...

Stay safe!!!

Back