FOCUSRITE Compounder schematics?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altfidelity

Hi,
Does anybody have FOCUSRITE Compounder schematics? All the previous links are dead by now....

BTW, whats the general consensus on compounder?
Worth the repairing/modding, is it any better than bog-standard 3630 VCA stuff?

Thanks for info!

Hi Altfidelity,

IIRC Gyraf posted the schematic in the Tech' Docs' section.

From what I remember (haven't touched one in a very long time) it's quite a useful device that copes with a wide range of material...I used a couple with fixed settings as 'line conditioners' for sports remote lines.... Like so much 'value' gear it offers a great deal of functionality in a 1u box... with the usual consequences of for example running hot and not being 'fun' to tweak.

tc

Thanks!

I loved that Focusrite dubbed one section "VC BENDER":)

Quite a lot going on in this schematic.

So compression section is feed-forward, while limiter section is feed-back? Did I get that correctly?

And the bass expand function is just LF filtered bypass?

Hi Together,

i am trying to fix my compounder at the moment.

My problem is that the left channel is compressing a mono signal that I feed through both channels much more than the right one.

I can't find any calibration procedure in the documents, but when I opened it up I saw two trim pots (PR1 & PR351).

The trim pots are related to the vca section for the left and right channel.

Im not sure if I should try to move the trim pot for the right vca to try to increase compression there or if this will create even more mess?

Maybe someone here know about calibration of the compounder or has a tipp for me?

best
munnopsis

Latest posts

Back