Focusrite Microphone CM25 MKiii Motherboard (cracking noise)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jobair Ahmed

Q1: Can anyone tell me what kind of component is that? is it a ceramic capacitor? if it's a capacitor than what is the value of the capacitor?
(image 1)

is it ceramic capacitor ?

Q2 : Does All The 2SK660 Works same as this one ?

dose all the 660 works same as this one ?

Q3: Does all the 2N5401 works same as this one ?
Q4: What does that mean by Y-A27 ?
i understand 2N5401 but what is Y-A27 ?

Please help me to find out the issue and solve the problem.

if it's a capacitor than what is the value of the capacitor?

"102", so 10 and 2 zeroes, so 1000(pF), which is 1nF.

Q2 : Does All The 2SK660 Works same as this one ?

Why wouldn't they? Although if a 2SK660 happens to be defective, it won't work (as well) as a good 2SK660.

Q3: Does all the 2N5401 works same as this one ?

Once again, why wouldn't they?

Q4: What does that mean by Y-A27 ?

Date code / production batch code etc.

Please help me to find out the issue and solve the problem.

"Cracking noise" is not much to go on...

Yes, those are ceramic caps. 102 means 10 + two zeros, so 1000pf or 1nf. They are unlikely to be your problem. Focusrites can be really hard on electrolytic capacitors, because they run hot, so I would look at those.

"102", so 10 and 2 zeroes, so 1000(pF), which is 1nF.

Why wouldn't they? Although if a 2SK660 happens to be defective, it won't work (as well) as a good 2SK660.

Once again, why wouldn't they?

Date code / production batch code etc.

"Cracking noise" is not much to go on...
oh maaaaaaaaaan! I can't thank you enough. In my country (Bangladesh), I have been to so many electronics shops, and they can't give me a proper answer. Even though I've got so many electronic repair shops and music instrument repair shops, they can't fix it because they don't understand how a microphone works or what the problem would be. That's why I took this thing as my fixing project, although I don't have so much idea about how electronic components work. even though it took more than 7 days to find out the resistance value of this motherboard.

Yes, those are ceramic caps. 102 means 10 + two zeros, so 1000pf or 1nf. They are unlikely to be your problem. Focusrites can be really hard on electrolytic capacitors, because they run hot, so I would look at those.
You guys are so helpful. Take love. I'm going to replicate this motherboard and try to make a new microphone, and let's see if it works or not!

Back