Friedman/Ceriatone BE/AHD-50 Clone Build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing a real schematic would be nice, I'd rather build off of a schematic than a placement diagram. the zeners are for saturation switch, I've seen references to using actual zeners of different voltages [ 18 or 20v ]

Getting a little further with this, I've mounted the relays just need to take everything off and cut the gold front panels, mount the turret board then I can wire up!!

Attachments

• IMG-20210917-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20210917-WA0002.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 32
Little update, have taken off all txf and remounted the choke and output txf so that the output txf is further away from the mains txf as per the pictures I've seen of the friedman and the ceriatone versions.
I have also finally mounted the turret board and the other small tag boards.
Have wired up txfs and the tube sockets.
Still got a way to go, all pots and switches I need to wire today then I need to go through all wiring before power up.
I'm using a slightly different buffered fx loop I've made so need to test this as well.20211104_110803.jpg

Last edited:
My next question, on the schematic R63 is 220k but on the ceratone layout it is 27k?
Also I notice the bias pot on the schematic is 25k where as on the ceriatone its 50k?
Anyone have any comments about this, I'm just powering it all up now so will report my findings

First power up threw a couple of errors, B+ is now delivering all the way to the 100k at B+5.
Put some valves in and voltages looking respectable but no signal to output txf, so need to trace and see what's going on.
Very close now, I can hear clicks from the switches to the speaker so I'm almost confident it's just a little routing mistake!!

I hope!!!

All foot switch and fx loop now operating and sounding pretty damn good, just got to set the bias!! dont seem to be able to get a reading on the 1R resistors from EL34 pins 1 and 8 down to gnd?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back