• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Audix MXT1000 Dual (Stereo) discrete line-amp modules.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee_M

I bought several of these stereo line-amp modules a few years ago with the intent of converting them to preamps and racking them up, But too many other projects have got in the way and I need to free up some cash and time  for other things.

They're fully discrete, transistor based amp circuits with Belclere transformers for balancing the outputs. I'd expect them to sound very nice when racked up.

I was told by a previous employee of audix that it should be straightforward to convert these to mic preamps by adding mic input transformers (the audix preamps used Marinair T1447 according to the schematic, Carnhill VTB9045 is what I had in mind) and adjusting some component values around the amp stage, It certainly looks that way if you take a look at the similarities to the mic preamp schematic from the 4th pic.

They could also be useful for other stuff (summing amps, makeup gain for EQ, etc.) but you'd have to figure that out for yourself.

They also come with a pair of XLR's connectors fitted to the end of the module, So that's one less thing to buy! ;)

I'm looking for £100 per stereo module, Although I'm also open to reasonable offers and potential trades for funky transformers and other bits.

Here's one of the modules...
y3mTjga4qZYuzAOwjyWiZ-LoLablIl02acUy-IeU7UH8gMLV2iTCFKIMt7IxB8QMnz7QLmPifTpZMhR1loTD0en3rVtsOO88N8xyChlrFzTVSaNk4UAE9wzr1gSvCwo3gV6p01BMSpS2yPoWglqHDwoScA5qehb_BHW2EVO06EOVko

Pics of the schematics...
y3mmrTxRzuowCRX2Q-UX8w0TqB_JNeunco_edmwgv7CfVAOS7y1Hoa3dMjHLY-dVaWgo1EtUfYnanI0szI1H3K2xuhaovzUHHyZKOZjeWFEnmL9laaeLV21RADkBJJS816003bBw-WUG0bYSfYnE1UPj9e6f2XIaLkuDNFhZqeHdXw

y3mkv0hrGJsKfPbjigwUNnafnaXbUzFC3_5UEuV-I_Tk5XUVXQxeuB9aZ_UKfA7_1QatVlCIOe5YIU72uDqIlWa8z2jQhm_15m5CVQoAAmcFM1D-9W-NaLiaaQd3uuVptQCL9a6-Kywkiahm2UKcnI_jVywd0Gq5zoZa38hYkH9X4U

Mic preamp schematic, For comparison and pointers on converting the modules...
y3mT7ACQkWHlb2lUdI5fuAYpuSYJq-C2zjUFjESaRuTPaNK7GINAy9xTa87UUxZDRcij1LxrDvMVkmO0wgqkBcAHzUnFXV1Mn5zSCvRJ1fS8NdmLW30y2Brv2H41lynEu5h3rx906bNLb7evH0gAWISz8vP2RgENf1fJOoLtmSAPyQ

Back