• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - Emthree computer echo = vintage italian tape echo (repair project)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasdf

GDIY Supporter
Hello

I am selling this Emthree Computer Echo. It is a vintage italian (mid 70's I'd say?) tape echo. I am selling it for repair, parts. It is not working. When powered, the motor spins, tape transport is OK but I have no idea where to inject and to get the signal... It was given to me like this, I think all the electrolytics have been changed. I was told it is coming from a mixing board.
Right now it is mounted in a medium wood cabinet I built that makes it look great :)

It has fixed heads and adjustable motor speed + presets switches for head combinations which places it between a Space Echo and a Copicat in terms of controls... That's interesting! Infortunately I don't have time to work on it, and I need to get dinero for other projects.

I can provide schematics that a friend of mine started to draw, but I can't guarantee they are 100% accurate. I can give you a 220V > 2x24V power transformer. I think it need either 24 or 48V to work. I can't remember...  :-[

So this is not a beginner project... I trully hope someone is going to fix it (shouldn't be much hassle for someone qualified). Check out the echoes from Emthree and Meazzi on Youtube... They sound killer!!

Pics (crappy as usual... sorry for that) and I'd be happy to answer your questions.

kUImrltl.jpg

Thho8fxl.jpg

Link to the imgur album with more photos: http://thomasdf.imgur.com/ (tell me if it is not working!)

Price is 150 euros for the moment, shipping from Paris, France is NOT included.

Latest posts

Back