• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale FS: Heikki's Transformerless Vari Mu Compressor partially assembled (SOLD)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

I moved about a year ago and have other projects and priorities now (mainly recording and cloning some vintage/classic guitar amplifiers) so looking to sell this comp.

Not sure if these PCBs are still being offered...? Seems Heikki is AWOL for over a year now? Anyway...

Includes all PCBs that are mostly populated excepting items that typically wait until construction of the case (LEDs) or completion (installation of ICs).

VERY clean, professional soldering. Flux completely cleaned from bottom of the PCBs. This build includes the stepped gains and stepped sidechains "upgrade".

If you price it out, you know the costs add up. For example, the PCBs and a few of the transistors from Scott were about $100. Just those big Wimas on the main board aren't cheap (over $60), the Hammond transformers are over $40 and the DC/DC converters in the power supply are over $60. Welcome to 2024... :rolleyes:

Check over the pictures carefully. What you see is what you get.

The sidechains look complete, just need to solder the Lorlin rotaries on.

BoVYlSC.png

SJGEpDh.png

The meters look mostly complete, just need to solder in the LEDs.

ODrUUYI.png

Cf4GRsO.png

Included are the Lorlin rotaries and the resistors for stepped gain operation.

RzQ6GtP.jpg

The main board looks (mostly) complete, need to install the ICs.

5v09i0q.png

And I believe the power supply is complete.

XIwwNEO.png

Of course, the small items like the power switch, XLRs, knobs, etc. you will have to provide.

Included in a very nice Par Metal case (all aluminum - series 12).

F6wziBP.png

uiNHLuH.png

Also included are thirty (30) 6K3/6SK7 tubes I bought from eBay seller TheBestSound. This quantity means you'll have many that you can sort through/match.

iFICy7S.png

WgTLlXB.png

ZdLE8HP.jpg

Of course, the build thread is available for all notes on the construction.

Ping me if you're interested/have questions.

$SOLD shipped to the lower 48 U.S. only. Item will be packed well.

References available.

Last edited:
Ahhh. You're right there. It's an amazing compressor. You should finish it and then decide if you want to sell it imo. You'll never get a $imilar comp.......... Maybe the Gainlab Dictator that Heikki alluded to somewhere would be in the same vein....idk...

Last edited:
Ahhh. You're right there. It's an amazing compressor. You should finish it and then decide if you want to sell it imo. You'll never get a $imilar comp.......... Maybe the Gainlab Dictator that Heikki alluded to somewhere would be in the same vein....idk...
Ya, understand. Just WAY too many projects and not enough time! :(

Latest posts

Back