G SSL Input level

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnus290

Hi guys!

Havnt been here for a long time.. havent had the time...and I sold all my G SSL to a friend that has a studio.
Hes got a litte wondering about the input level on the comps. His neotek board has +4db inserts but when he connects the SSL the signal is to high. He has to back of the input gain on the board to be able to control the threshhold of the comps ( 3 pieces so I dont think I made them all wrong ).
My wondering is: I am pretty sure that the G SSL are working on +4db level or am I wrong??
Couldnt find anything about the level on Gyrafs DIY pages but since it is balanced i guess they are working on +4db.

If there is anything to know about this... well this is the right place I guess.. :green:

Best regards Magnus/Sweden

Yepp

Mr Johansson... the one and only....( hmm is that really good) :green:

But I have managed to move in to the computerbased world :oops: Didnt got the space or the money to use the outboard gear anylonger. Sold all my DIY stuff to a friend with a studio. But of course there will always be needs for deasent mic pres and stuff like that... So I´ll guess I stick around from time to time.....

A soldering Iron will always be my friend..... :twisted:

/ Magnus

Latest posts

Back