Gain mismatch on Audio + Design Stereo Limiter - can I adjust gain internally?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Faringdon,

All the 601's I used just worked for about 20 years....

A few thoughts...the 601 old enough to justify replacing the electrolytics.... c4,5,8,9,10,11,15,20,21 plus the psu and vng card

is vr4(?) the unity gain setting trimpot ok?

does the mismatch change with different front panel settings?

cheers

Tim

Hi Rob

I'm not familiar with a 3u version of the 760x....the schematics are probably similar though....i'll post them later today...

cheers

Tim

Hi Rob

Have tried A+D directly...I've dealt with the professionally for years and have found them excellent....

tim

topcat said:
Hi Rob

Have tried A+D directly...I've dealt with the professionally for years and have found them excellent....

tim

When I got the unit about 7 years ago I phoned A&D & got Ian Harly on the phone, who designed it.  He remembered the unit but couldn't give me any help.  I guess they have a lot of products since that, which was probably one of the very first products they made.    What makes this even more difficult to play with is that the boards are mounted vertically so you need extender cards to get at the presets easily.

Hi Rob,

Just found details of a Scamp version of the 760 on Analogrules (an Excellent site)...Is this your unit?

http://www.analogrules.com/scamp.html 

Tim

Latest posts

Back