Genelec 1031 Driver cards need repair/help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a working card, you could always compare readings at various points???

I also know some Mackie plate  amps had issues with the giant 5 watt resistors cracking at the solder joints too.....

Good luck!!

Repaired a 1032 a few years ago that had an issue with the bass power amp. It's a very similar circuit.
From memory it was C7 at fault, even tho it looked ok on the meter. Yellow tant. Check T6 next to it too. Worth a punt...

Hi All,
Just came across your website which looks like a world of information. Hope I am posting in the correct area and not jumping in where I shouldn't. 
I repaired some Genelec  1031 for a friend recently which had the usual 'dry joints' and o/p transistors faulty. One unit was returned from my friend as it gives a loud 'thump' during switch on only. My volt meter across the speaker confirmed dc present during switch on.  Unit works 100% afterwards but I am afraid of this popping the speaker if not taken care of now.  Any suggestions. I removed the original plug and socket arrangement on this unit as they were causing intermittent problems before. I now have the driver boards soldered directly to the main pcb. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

thanks scott2000,
I plan to get back to the problem this week. I think I have a full schematic for this unit.  The mute circuit is one avenue for me to look into. Keep you posted.

Mute circuit as Scott2000 says is one place but , Also the amps need biased/offset correctly.  They are direct coupled so dc can pass through if the offset before the power amp is set incorrectly.

Whoops said:
I have some 1030 to fix also, time to do so

I fixed my 1030, there was  blown SMD electrolytic capacitor.

It was easy to spot visually, I replaced it with a normal size 105degrees electrolytic capacitor of the same value (used higher voltage) and it's working great again

Hi All,
Set the biased/offset as Whoops suggested seems to have cured the problem. 
Thanks all for your help.

Hi, I've a 1031A with a PA-Driver problem.

I've to replace an SMD transistor (orange circle in picture).

Anyone have information about this transistor model?

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_190138.jpg
    IMG_20210809_190138.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 28

Attachments

• Amplifier.png
    Amplifier.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 16
Hello, I have the problem on a 1032 speaker, I think it is the same amp and driver

Here's my contribution to the diy cause :

GENELEC%20DRIVER%201.jpg

GENELEC%20DRIVER%202.jpg

Genelec%20driver%20schematic.jpg

There might be mistakes, this requires a damn concentration..

Back