Government Death Panels

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodad

Some of you might think I'm here to talk about Obamacare, but no. Unsurprisingly (to most of us), now that Government Death Panels are here, they're run by Republicans. The particular one I'm talking about is the Supreme Court of the state of Texas. The cruel heartlessness of Govt. Death Panels is just like Republicans feared way back in the late oughts, though.

https://wapo.st/3RprTkK

Oh, yeah, the Texas Supreme Court had a nice assist from indicted criminal Ken Paxton--as if that corrupt POS has any business telling anyone how to live their life.

It's disgusting, in a way. You can only interpret actions like these can only stem from the belief of infallibility. Like Jews, who consider themselves the "chosen people", these Texans seem to believe they are better than anyone else...

What's even more disgusting is people trying to derail any meaningful discussion here by injecting whatever drivel they can think of. I'm starting to feel personally insulted. If your emotional intelligence is so low you can't even sympathise for a brief moment with the victim, please stay out of it. There's nothing funny about what conservative monsters are doing again and again. Turning back time doesn't work.

Wasn't it you, John, who spoke about democrats using the justice department to derail those great republicans? This is a clear example how the same republicans do not care at all if it's the people who are victimised by law. As long as the republican's fat butts are safe, it's OK to them. Sad.

Some of you might think I'm here to talk about Obamacare, but no. Unsurprisingly (to most of us), now that Government Death Panels are here, they're run by Republicans. The particular one I'm talking about is the Supreme Court of the state of Texas. The cruel heartlessness of Govt. Death Panels is just like Republicans feared way back in the late oughts, though.

https://wapo.st/3RprTkK

Oh, yeah, the Texas Supreme Court had a nice assist from indicted criminal Ken Paxton--as if that corrupt POS has any business telling anyone how to live their life.
Honestly, what the fuck? If you want to discuss American domestic politics, why don't you do it somewhere else on the vastness of the internet?

Groupdiy is an international community dedicated to DIY audiogear and everything related to it.

Most people here have absolutely no interest in the social problems of US society. We don't want the poison in your society as part of our community, work it out amongst yourselves and don't hold groupdiy hostage to that shit!

Here comes the local US Sherif John Roberts again and declares that the thread does not violate any of the divine rules and is therefore totally awesome.

I'll tell you why that makes me so angry. Your fucking unnecessary discussions are poisoning the mood among the members here. There is no need for a moderator to add always petrol to a completely misplaced fire for his own personal entertainment.

This has to stop, we as a community are suffering a massive brain drain, I can name a few names to make the loss clear.

What do we get in return? Personal tensions and hatred, all fuelled by the moderator John Robert himself and endless Peavey anecdotes on top.

We don't need this, it's a bad deal!

You think this is over the top, look at the posts posted by member Hodad as an example, the same goes for the few other John Roberts minions here at the brewery.

This has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Groupdiy. Just political agitation and hate! Check it out, the forum software makes it easy for you. No posts of a technical nature, just US domestic political filth that is completely worthless to the DIY community and only drags down the mood here.

We, as a community, are footing the bill for this unnecessary nonsense and ignorance. I'm not going to go along with this any more, anyone who feels the same way can get in touch with me.

I won't give up Groupdiy to these guys without a fight. Let's close this shithole brewery and throw these guys out. We are the community.

The brewery is a common forum feature for random off topic discussions.

Some forums prohibit political or religious discussions because they are so subjective that they are not fact based and easy to resolve. Most of us here have demonstrated the ability to discuss inflammatory topics in a civil manner.

For those who can't..... be warned. Forum rules demand civil discourse.

JR

I'm not going to get into a discussion on my personal beliefs on abortion but this woman is being unfairly treated. If there's any reason to get an abortion, this would most certainly be one.
In 1992 Bill Clinton shared the talking point that abortion should be “safe, legal, and rare”. In the run up to next year's election, abortion is being worked because the left has an apparent advantage with woman voters.

SCOTUS kicked this back to the states to resolve based on local sentiment, but this is being exploited by the left for the national elections.

As a student of marketing, it is interesting to see how this is spun

JR

PS: no personal attacks.... all of you.

LOL. Don't read my posts then? Use the ignore function? Start your own forum and set the rules?
No, that's just proof that you're no longer interested in our topics at all, you're only here because of these dreadful discussions for which the community is paying too high a price. I'm not the only one who thinks so. We don't want that, it makes no sense.

You're welcome to discuss this stuff somewhere else if it's important to you. We don't want to pay the price for the hate here.

No, that's just proof that you're no longer interested in our topics at all, you're only here because of these dreadful discussions for which the community is paying too high a price. I'm not the only one who thinks so. We don't want that, it makes no sense.
You're right in one respect. I've built most of my studio gear at least a decade or so ago and now spend whatever time I can actually using it.
You're welcome to discuss this stuff somewhere else if it's important to you. We don't want to pay the price for the hate here.
You remind me of my neighbor's virtue signaling lawn sign. It's funny to read the message on the lawn sign and actually knowing the person. ;)

Last edited:
You remind me of my neighbor's virtue signaling lawn sign. It's funny reading the message on the lawn sign and actually knowing the person. ;)
I have no idea what you're talking about and I don't think you know me either, do you?

I'm simply asking you to take your political discussions elsewhere. As you yourself admit, you are thematically out of the community, so why should we pay this high price for your entertainment?

The poison you spray here in the brewery has a negative impact on the whole forum. I understand that you don't realise that you only hang out here in the brewery. But that is the reality...

I'm simply asking you to take your political discussions elsewhere.
..and I'm simply saying, if I'm not breaking any rules, too bad? Don't read/click on political discussions if you're not interested? I'm certain that you're a smart person, it's easy to sue out the political discussions. If the owners of the forum decide to ban political discussion or get rid of the Brewery, then I'm sure everyone will abide by the rules.
As you yourself admit, you are thematically out of the community, so why should we pay this high price for your entertainment?
Because I'm not breaking any rules?
The poison you spray here in the brewery has a negative impact on the whole forum.
Don't drink the poison?
I understand that you don't realise that you only hang out here in the brewery. But that is the reality...
Can you point me to a thread/post in a technical area of GDIY where my posts have directly impacted content?

If anyone has an issue with my posts, feel free to PM me directly.

Last edited:
I won't give up Groupdiy to these guys without a fight. Let's close this shithole brewery and throw these guys out. We are the community.
Although I agree with everything you said, this battle was already fought and we (all) already lost.

You just have to participate knowing the "rules" as they are, not what you want them to be.

SCOTUS kicked this back to the states to resolve based on local sentiment, but this is being exploited by the left for the national elections.
The Texas statute was purposefully written to give enough wiggle room that Paxton can prosecute anyone he wants who even thinks of applying the "bodily impairment" exception, because "bodily impairment" is whatever Paxton thinks it is.

In keeping with the brand, the 9 Republican judges on the Texas Supreme Court opined how they can't tell what the medical standard is behind Texas's "poses a serious risk of substantial impairment of a major bodily function" language, and then proceeded to rule that she didn't meet the standard. :D. Paxton dug up a doctor who agreed to provide a declaration that she didn't meet it (despite not being her doctor), which means any doctor performing an abortion can look forward to Paxton coming after them with his own doctors, in a felony criminal prosecution which carries a maximum 99 year prison sentence.

So yes, we all get who is "exploiting" this for political gains.

..and I'm simply saying, if I'm not breaking any rules, too bad? Don't read/click on political discussions if you're not interested? I'm certain that you're a smart person, it's easy to sue out the political discussions. If the owners of the forum decide to ban political discussion or get rid of the Brewery, then I'm sure everyone will abide by the rules.

Because I'm not breaking any rules?

Don't drink the poison?

Can you point me to a thread/post in a technical area of GDIY where my posts have directly impacted content?

If anyone has an issue with my posts, feel free to PM me directly.
You still haven't understood that you are part of a group that is creating a climate here which leads to problems in the whole forum. You are not the only one, rather a follower who likes to aggravate discussions and fuel the fire for entertainment.

The community then pays the bill.

I would like to answer your questions with a counter question:

When was the last time you contributed anything positive to this community? I mean in the original sense, audio gear DIY?

Although I agree with everything you said, this battle was already fought and we (all) already lost.

You just have to participate knowing the "rules" as they are, not what you want them to be.
Too bad, I see it differently, as you can read.

What made you so small? I remember you completely differently.

You still haven't understood that you are part of a group that is creating a climate here which leads to problems in the whole forum.
Examples?
You are not the only one, rather a follower who likes to aggravate discussions and fuel the fire for entertainment.
oh? :LOL:
The community then pays the bill.
You pay nothing.
I would like to answer your questions with a counter question:

When was the last time you contributed anything positive to this community? I mean in the original sense, audio gear DIY?
Irrelevant. Give me examples where any of my posts are causing issues in the tech areas of gdiy. Otherwise you can mind your own business.

Back