Green Pre, 1u rack cases, and more.....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therecordingart

-Where can I find the info on the Green Pre? i.e. parts list, how to order the PCB, schematic...etc....

-What is a rough estimate on the build cost?

-If built well with good parts...can this pre be compared to a certain preamp thats out on the market...sound wise?

-Where is a good place to order 1u rack cases?

-How do I go about building a power supply for the Green Pre?

Thanks guys...I'm a complete newbie so don't rip on me too much please!

Cost can vary depending on the quality of components and where you buy them. I'll have to dig up my files but i think my first build came out to around $30 a channel.

There should be a Green Meta thread. I can't remember if one ever actually got made though. Just do a search and you should find just about any information you need.

To get boards, look for a fairly recent thread in the Black Market where PeterC was taking requests for the next run of V14 boards.

PeterC also sells power supply boards (or did, I'm not sure if he's still offering those or not). I bought a PSU board from another Lab member from SSLTech's 9k project.

Par-Metal is a favorite around here for rack cases. That's where i bought mine. High quality stuff.

Daniel

[quote author="therecordingart"]-Where can I find the info on the Green Pre? i.e. parts list, how to order the PCB, schematic...etc....
-If built well with good parts...can this pre be compared to a certain preamp thats out on the market...sound wise?
-How do I go about building a power supply for the Green Pre?[/quote]

search.jpg

Lest laziness get the best of thee!

Peace,
Al.

Hi Recording Artist,

Welcome to the board and I wish you many hours of fun in DIY, but you also need to make an effort to look around and see what has previously been posted, it will help you in the long run.

To make it even easier I have created the Green Pre Meta here:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=5150

Which you can find under the Meta menu as well, this should help you in your quest, as will the other Meta's with regards to parts like cases/racks etc. and with other projects.

Cheers

Matt

[quote author="alk509"][quote author="therecordingart"]-Where can I find the info on the Green Pre? i.e. parts list, how to order the PCB, schematic...etc....
-How do I go about building a power supply for the Green Pre?[/quote]

search.jpg

Lest laziness get the best of thee!

Peace,
Al.[/quote]

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA so cold!!!!!

Welcome therecordingart,

you met alk509.

The sticky thread named « Meta-Meta: Look here for overview.. » will help you too.

I don't mean to be a jerk to the people that helped....but I used the search function and typed in Green Pre. What I got was everything EXCEPT articles on the Green Pre. With the effort it took for you to make screenshots to make me look like an idiot....you could've offered some help.

So kudos to you for trying to make yourselves feel good about making someone else feel stupid....very big of you!

[quote author="therecordingart"]With the effort it took for you to make screenshots to make me look like an idiot...[/quote]

Actually, I've used it many times to make a LOT of people look like idiots. :razz:

Seriously though, as soon as you open these fora you see a link that says "Forum Usage Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING". Then there's the Meta-Meta thread stuck at the top of every forum, and then you have the search function, which, granted, spits out a bunch of crap, but there's also a lot of relevant info in there if you actually bothered to read through the search results.

The scroll rate in these fora is crazy enough as it is, so when the same questions get asked over and over and over again by people who clearly haven't bothered to look deep enough, it gets kind of annoying.

Peace,
Al.

I understand it gets annoying.....

Next time after I search for 30 min and don't find anything....I'll start a post listing every last step I made to search for my answers before disturbing the gods of DIY!

ok, don't be so bitter, he was just making a funny and is one of the people who is very helpful

don't forget that the internet is devoid of tone and expression, so before you start getting all veclempt...realize that you have no idea how what was said was meant to be taken...

We all joke, get used to it

I think one of the slightly annoying things is that you have already asked a few of these questions and gotten answers before:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=6492&highlight=green+pre+cost

I am certainly guilty also of having to have things explained to me a few times sometimes, but you will find that the majority of people here believe in the "teach a man to fish" philosophy. This often means that you don't get an answer for your exact question, but often the direction you are pointed in will give you more info.

Next time after I search for 30 min and don't find anything....

Make sure that you are doing the search correctly. Be sure and click the"Search for all terms" button to limit your search. You'll find what you need.

PS:
Welcome to the club!

Joel

I do apologize.....I just want to do things correctly and as easily as possible. There are other forums I am part off that have people that jump on your butt about everything and it tends to get very irritating.

I understand that I need to search for answers before asking, and that is what I intend to do. Sorry to cause drama over something so small.

I do apologize.....

No apologies needed dude! Good luck finding the info you need-if you are still stuck after searching, there are pleanty of people that'll help you along. I think you'll find this to be one of the nicest groups on the net.

:guinness:

Latest posts

Back