Green pre woes....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hurt them! I am surprised they didn't blow up! Hah hah, it may have been the under voltage from the PSU that prevented that.

But think about, if you position it the wrong way the voltages are flowing to the wrong pins. A friend had one literally blow up once, the top bubbled up after making a nice 'poppping' sound. I would suggest you check the voltages on your pins from the voltage chart like Peter and others have suggested BEFORE you put the new IC's in.

I had actually mentioned the IC orienentation is another post: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=6527&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I am glad you are back in the game and closer to getting them up and running, you will love them when they are complete, they sound so smooth and the depth of sound BLOWS my 002R pres away.

Cheers

Matt

Ok so ll is well, one channel is done and sounding reasonably good, gotta find someone with a signl generator and a scope to set the cmrr, the dc ofset and the leds. I'm gonna switch my led reading from out to in, because the output volume will show up on my computer when I'm setting the record level.

Anyway, there's a very light hiss is the background but I think that may have ben because I had the gain on the pre up high and the gain on my mixer down low.

I'm pretty impressed so far, so i'm sure it'll sound great when i get it dialed in.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back