Greeting for Austin, Texas

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarisElek

Hello there. My name is Ryan. I'm from Chicago, but have lived in Austin, Texas for the last 7 years. I moved here because it was cheaper than Chicago and I wanted to contribute to the live-music capitol. It's no longer cheaper and an article recently published said 1/3rd of musicians interviewed say they're leaving Austin. I am one of those musicians leaving :( .
I've been a long time follower and commenter here, but have never formally introduced myself. During the pandemic was the first time I picked up a soldering iron and it became kind of obsession there for a moment. Perhaps it was a coping mechanism for everything going on.

I attended college for Music Composition. But it's been 10 years since I graduated and now I play bass in a honky tonk band in Austin called, Shinglers.
I just released my first official single as a solo artist. You can click the following link if interested: Ryan Faris - So Glad
Much of the gear used on my latest single is gear I built or fixed with the help of this forum.
The vocal mic is the D-U67,
Everything's going through Soundcraft 600 that I got for $200 and was almost totally inoperable at first,
the overheads and acoustic guitar mic is the Banzai KM84,
the Bass is the Classic Solo DI.
Sta Level build on the bass and vocals.
Mixdown through the GSSL, etc.

I can't even begin to describe how appreciative for the massive wealth of knowledge on this forum. Thank you to everyone who has contributed.

Best,
Ryan

Welcome and good luck with your solo music career ! Same here. I'll listen and make comments as soon as I get into a good listening environment.
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back