GSSL HELP THREAD!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right this should not be in public and this is not my general style of communication but when you disregard my time and money then block me I have no choice but to make this public… this is information regarding your conduct with a customer and may be of some use to some one buying from you.

BTW we used the email that was on your website with the notice in the monthly shipping and is still there now. So stop lying I am not going to apologies for you not doing your job as a business owner.

I don’t want to deal with your business or your arrogance! it’s been the worst audio related experience.

short question,

I've finished another GSSL with Turbo & SSC.
It works great except one thing:
When turn it on so the compressor is in bypass, the needle hits the very left for about 2 or 3 seconds, then it slowly returns to the "0" position.
audio wise this is accompanied by a very loud output of the GSSL for the above mentioned 2 or 3 seconds then the level returns to normal.

The strange thing is, this is only when I power on the GSSL into bypass mode. When I power it on with compressor engaged it doesn't occur - UNTIL I switch in bypass for the first time after powering on :eek:

So it has to be something that comes before the compressor side-chain circuit.

It's a version 11 pcbs and I have to add, that instead of the 15k resistors in the output circuit I used a 10k resistor + a 10k trimmer to fine trim it to unity gain...but that couldn't be the problem could it?

Thanks for any ideas!!

EDIT: solved. I forgot to cut that one pin of the 2180. As soon as I did the GSSL behaved normal :)
Hello, do you have a copmplete drawing of the GSSL with Turbo and SSC?. Thx for yr efforts. B.R. Thomas

it’s been the worst audio related experience.
Darn, I honestly envy you if you really believe this to hold true. And you even got your money back?

But please, keep this sort of public laundry outside of the Giant GSSL Help Thread - we are trying to keep it as clutter free as possible

Earlier topically unrelated posts in this thread may be deleted at some later time

/Jakob E.

Can someone give me a link for decent quality buttons (UK only) like the attached pic please? Many thanks.

Attachments

• button.png
    button.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 1
Back