GSSL HELP THREAD!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Stagefright13"]I cut 16 pin dip sockets in half and the sip chip fits very tight... Best to use a razor saw tho cause ones I broke one with lead trimmers.[/quote]

John, I presume you are replying to my question on the Millmax SIP sockets.

I never thought about your solution thanks.

Anyone else have problems with fitting the THAT VCA to the Millmax sockets?

jim

Still plugging away with this, (see above). I put in the 47k resistor to the (+) terminal of threshold pot I get no compression. If I put in a wire jumper to pot, the unit compresses. I also tried a 10k resistor on the pot, and the unit would compress slightly. I have checked out the circuit up to the tl072 and haven't found anything yet. Any ideas gang? I am about to rebuild the whole sidechain circuit if I don't stumble upon the problem soon. I'm tired..... :?

Hi dspruill

Try 3K9 resistors on both + & - sides of POT. I have like this in my GSSL & its working fine.

Regards
Dinesh

Anyone else have problems with fitting the THAT VCA to the Millmax sockets

Hey Jim i don't use the Mill-Max sockets...there is another brand i bought at digikey and they come in rows of 40 for 2 bucks...they fit tight.

My SSL's right input is acting wierd and I'm trying to figure it out. I am using stereo (TRS) 1/4" input and output jacks and when I run signal to the left side only it works fine. When I run signal to the right side only I get no signal unless I pull the jack back out half way to where the RING is touching but not the TIP. The left side has the ground wired to it and then jumpered ove to the right side ground.

Any suggestions?

Adam

Wow, finally got my GSSL working last night. I put some Funkadelic through it...sounds fantastic. I just have to get it in it's case. It would not have been possible without this place. I love DIY!

I will post some pics when I get it dressed.

Later,
David

Okay I fixed my problem. New problem... :roll: I know I have seen this posted here before but I haven't found the solution yet. The left signal is a little louder than the right. What is the problem?

Anyone,
Adam

Just ignore this question if this is asked earlier, but it seems that the 0.1 uF bypass caps on the input buffer section (the two NE5534's) shown on schematics are missing on the PCB (on my rev #7 as well as the latest rev #9 online). No problem, just solder them on the solder side.

Another question, I have some dual on-off switches available, could these be used as bypass switches? The input section on the sidechain (TL074) after the full-wave rectifier will be floating during the release cycle but that shouldn't matter if you are not in hurry (no other consequences), right?

i found a very nice meter for my gssl
but this one make 300mA
it is possible to adapte it on the original PCB?
if it's possible what R must be change?
thanks a lot

As mentioned, a 10mA meter is absolute-max - as you can't drive any more from the output of the opamp.

Many larger-current meters can however be modded to be "sensitized" by removing the internal shunt resistor id there is one.

Jakob E.

ok thanks gyraf!
i have found anoher very nice meter 10mA
so it should be ok
6751_1.JPG

Guys i heard somewhere that a 36CT transformer could be used in the SSL?
i've got a 16-0-16 transformer would that represent a problem?

Cheers.

The meters sold by Ptownkid are the best meters for this project, no question. Plus his pricing is very reasonable.

Nice although they don't fit in a 1u case i got them at a surplus store for 10$. ever seen a SSL with a PT out of the box? wait till i finish mine.

Cheers.

Hi everybody,

I just can't find a way to cut a 16 pin IC socket in half. I've already broken two of them.
(The pic who explained it in the page 96 of this thread is not there anymore)

:?:

I cut custom sized ic sockets all the time with just my side cutters. It's not difficult at all :) Even if you are breaking them, big deal. 4 + 4 still = 8

Latest posts

Back