Guess the make or components involved

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It turns out I have eight plane ones and four with channel numbers on them. I would imagine they came from an 8 to 4 device. They are as a set with stepped 10k attenuators. I do not mean to show off but here are the pictures.

I was actually going to post a picture of the front cover of the service manual of an Altec mixing console, but as Murphy's law dictated, it is right at the bottom trunk of my archive. So, I have to do some shuffling but I'll get it out. This thing is beautiful.
Langevin_knob_1.jpgLangevin_knob_2.jpgLangevin_knob_3.jpgLangevin_knob_4.jpg

Last edited:
That's cool and brings back memories. Back in the mid-80s my University's radio station (1kW FM!) was still using an old broadcast console with 6 or 8 channels (two turntables, two NAB carts, two or more mics) and those classic big bakelite knobs. I don't recall the make. The assistant, and later senior, station engineer was a good friend as were several of the DJs so I spent a lot of time up there.

I remember when they replaced it with a newer unit and the old one was in the engineer's workshop/storage room with a bunch of other old gear. If I'd have known anything back then I would have tried to get some of it as it likely was scrapped at some point.

Latest posts

Back