Guitar Pedal Stereo 2 channel mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raketenmann

Dear community
I recently acquired a IK Multinmedia ToneX One Pedal. With the software I am able to capture my tube amps and favourite mic positions and take them in my pocket to wherever I go. I am really impressed with the quality. I also like the idea to have the pedal on my board and just play at home only with a board and nothing els.

In the last years I was always looking for an easy, cheap and tiny solution to practice with headphones and being able to mis in playbacks. Actually, this is not so easy to achieve without a mixing desk. So I would like to get rid of the mixing desk and have the option right on the board. So I was wondering, if it is really that complex to build a pedal with the following specs:

6,3 TRS Stereo Input (the ToneX one puts out an unbalanced Stereo Signal)
3,5 mm TRS Stereo AUX input
6,3mm Stereo Output for Headphones

inside of the pedal would need to be something like a preamp for the AUX input and summing amp or whatever it needs to blend these two signals. I don't need volume adjustment, this can be done via the computer or phone.

Probably such DIY-Kits do exist and I don't know of, but I am really thankful for advice. I am able to solder, but I can't design such tools, neither could I print PCB's....

Some will point out that there are tools that can do this already, but in reality it is often a compromise. For example, the Torpedo CAB M does have an AUX-IN - but it summs it up to mono, which I don't like. I also have an Boss RC-2 Looper with AUX-IN, but this device is mono only and also summs the AUX-IN up to mono. The ToneX Pedal does have only MONO-IN, but the Reverbs are stereo and while playing on headphones this is really a gamechanger and makes playing so much more real...

Latest posts

Back