GYRAF 1176 hum intermittent noise (after cutting)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site.
I would like to ask you for information in case someone has encountered the same problem with Gyraf's 1176 REV.#7.
I proceeded to cut the track to solve the Hum problem and in fact the hum went away. But there is this non-constant noise problem which is sometimes totally absent while sometimes it presents itself becoming very annoying.
PCB thickness is 1oz.
The noise seems to modulate: sometimes it's very loud while sometimes it lowers and disappears, it appears and disappears as he decides and sometimes it can even be totally absent for an hour and then reappear for hours. It usually shows up after a while when you turn it on, almost always not right away. The compatible components I used are the following:

-BD137G-138G instead of original transistor (obviously by adapting the pinout)
-UF4007 instead of FDH333 (momentarily, waiting for the originals)
-1K 2w instead of 1k1 on 7824 (R87 on Gyraf schematic)
I would like to ask if anyone had a similar problem on the aforementioned PCB: the hum problem after cutting tracks as kindly suggested by Jacob seemed to have disappeared, but it comes back intermittently. I attach videos.
Salutes and thanks in advince.

Attachments

• IMG_1591.MOV
    23.4 MB

Latest posts

Back