Hamptone HJFP2Medium Suppression Coil unavailable. Sub?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

This one is used for the Hamptone power supply.

Not stocked at Mouser. :sad:

Here's the spec sheet for the MESC-250M-01.

Do you think I could sub the MESC-220M-01 with a slightly lower inductance, twice as much current handling and a significantly lower resistance?

I think that should be ok - but can you not find another distributer or that coil? Or something with similar specs?

I used to fudge it with coils on TV repairs all the time - but I am not totally sure what it does to audio - usually, in a TV tuner, there was a little margin that would be ok to cheat by a few H.

Well, I tried Allied, Digikey, Newark. None of them had it. Also, I don't want to be putting in a $0.62 order at some other place to have to pay S&H of $20.00 or to be required to pay a minimum order fee. I'd rather just get it at Mouser along with my other parts. That's why I asked about the MESC-220M-01 as a sub. :grin:

Looks like the biggest difference is in the resistance between the two (MESC-250M-01 is 468 mOhm, the MESC-220M-01 is 84 mOhm). Is this difference negligible? :?:

I don't have a copy of the schem, maybe this would be helpful? :shock: I will see if my documentation from Scott has the schem...

Latest posts

Back