Happy holidays everyone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

To you and yours whatever you may celebrate this season, may it be safe, full of joy and wonderful news.

while the last 2 years were an ass kicker, all you can do is keep your head up and keep going.
I have much I am thankful for a big part is members and the forum here who on and off the net have been nothing but great people doing great things.
Anyway before I get mushy, have a great holiday to you and yours. 🤠

My very modest Christmas light display that I had hanging inside my front window spontaneously decided to stop working this morning (on a timer). I wasted over an hour swapping around the tiny bulbs to get one string working. It was clearly not worth the effort.

Tomorrow is my normal food shopping day, so I will see what Wally World has sitting around the store for sale.

JR .

I'm trying to get a feel for running some christmas lights. Information online is a bit all over the place with some saying SPT2 wire carries more amps than SPT1, even though the only difference is the insulation thickness.
Some say you can run 400 ft of SPT1, others 250ft...

Anyone thought this out before and could give some advice? Describe your set up?etc
If I'm 30ft away from an outlet, I'm guessing the extension cord running up to the SPT wire comes into play as well? I'm thinking C9 leds on SPT1 wire with 12" spacing...

Not even thinking about Christmas lights yet.
Yeah... I'm going to be helping someone out because they had one of those companies come and install last year and they weren't happy. Bulbs going out every few days...they drove a lift all over the property and rutted the place.... I've always been curious about how to do them nice so it should be fun. Got a nice like new pair of some Cougar Paws I can't wait to try out on the roof..
Just don't want something lighting up that isn't supposed to.....

My understanding is 250' of 18awg spt1 lamp cord wiring is the max length allowed on a line. But I can feed that line with a heavier gauge extension so at least the 250ft will start at the light strand and not the outlet... Can feed all the lines from same outlet, it's just the lines themselves can only handle a certain amount of current.??...

Latest posts

Back