Health Primer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to contradict myself so soon, and start demonizing foods but +1 on avoiding processed foods, usually too much sugar, salt, preservatives, and not enough nutrition...

One observation about most food markets is the real food is usually arranged along the outside walls, while the processed poop, is all in aisles in the middle.

Here's an analogy that kind of fits about nutrition. When you're trying to build a mic preamp, the number and values of the resistors, capacitors, etc are most important in determining whether that circuit will actually work. Even if you had the highest grade metal film resistors you couldn't make the circuit work with "only" them, even if you had a mountain of them...

Only after you have the right types of parts and the right values you can start tweaking your circuit with better kinds of resistors and whatever.

Sometimes when thinking about diet we focus too much on optimizing a component of that diet without bothering to get the whole diet functional first.. And just like a circuit too many unneeded parts is not much use.

JR

edit- One more analogy... An IC is like processed food, while a discrete design is like a home cooked meal,. The IC is simpler to use while the discrete design is robust and just what you want.

I think it is good for people to focus on also staying "active" in an attempt to keep one's metabolism high. I understand that this naturally slows with age, but falling victim to the couch every evening is a sure to slow down the bodies function.

For example, I rarely go to the gym, but I spend evenings working on my house or outside... or electronics, duh. I also play pickup recreational sports like basketball or touch football with friends and people from my neighborhood.

I do not eat alot of canned or rarely, if ever, eat frozen foods.

As for bad... I do not take any vitamins or supplements, and I must admit I love Guiness and Scotch and Bourbon... chilled, neat please !!!

And I drink coffee every morning... but I don't think this is bad... maybe?

Back