• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Helios 69 EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommia

Designed by Igor (RIP) IJ Research. 19 inch unit. Populated with the best components.
Internal powersupply or if you like external. No issues,no hum. In perfect working condition.
If any interest, I can make foto's
Asking price 700 euro

Last edited:
I'm from Belgium. More foto's on request.

Attachments

• 20240114_161625.jpg
    20240114_161625.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240114_161820.jpg
    20240114_161820.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
How did you solve the issue with the low frequency rotary switch ?
If yours was from the same batch as mine, the PCB needed cutting because Igor made a design mistake and used a single deck Lorlin switch when it should have been 2 decks. He then sent dual deck Grayhills which had to be manually wired, but he chosen non shorting switch so there is a little clicking...

Another thing to consider is the output stage, Igor just made boards for the 22118 amp I believe, I then read the comments of experienced people around here saying this module could not drive an output transformer into 600ohm load so I made my own PCB for the 22113 module.

From my experience this project has not been the most successful from Igor, it didn't come out great as stock but with a little more work it can be a very good EQ.

It is some time ago indeed. All works well. Unit has transformer balanced in and outputs. I ordered the components myself except for the inductors. Back than I wrote the manuals for some projects of Igor. And this project was not any different. Some are still on the net. Grounding and transformer placement was also important. I remember we needed to be very precise to get prestine results, but we managed. Also all components are matched well over 1%. And the most stable and precise audio filter caps are used. Important for stereo imaging.

You seem to be dodging the questions I asked so given the not so cheap price of this diy unit I definitely recommend any potential buyers to obtain full pictures and clarify the things I pointed out before making a purchase.

How did you solve the issue with the low frequency rotary switch ?

I also found it strange that this question was not answered and also strange that there was no word also about the output card, like you said the 22118 is not able to drive an output transformer and Igor didn’t provide another card.

Even more dodgy was the evasive reply to your post.

But this thread is pretty strange since the beginning as it’s ridiculous that someone posts an advert to sell an EQ for 700€ and doesn’t even post photos of the item.
I really don’t know what’s going on in the mind of some people to be honest…

You just see things differently, that's all. There are many ways to be and do things.

I can certainly understand someone wanting to test the water for interest before they invest effort in trying to sell the thing - especially if they are not that bothered about it selling. And many people do not want to sell on the internet to strangers anyway, their experience may be of a lot of mucking about, people trying to haggle when they don't want to, people saying they're interested for months .. then don't want it.

This way, someone is more likely to be interested if they go to the effort of asking for photos.

There is something to be said for having that attitude, especially in business and marketing - time replying to people who are not really interested is time wasted that could have been spent on dealing with genuine interest, so finding ways to weed out people tyre-kicking is good. One way to do that is to increase the effort needed to inquire about a product (these days, with some automated emails to do this so as not to appear rude to those you wish to discourage).

This doesn't make any sense. If photos are missing/ incomplete, PM box will be flooded with photo requests, which will have to be answered one by one so more time will be wasted.

Back