hello from NW england

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnie m

Hello, I'm Jonnie, an eternal messer from the NW of England. I grew up next to a tip which was a great source of broken things to dismantle and explore, as a kid. I'm an engineer (mechanical), play in a band and make, mend and break things. I've mended a fair amount of electronic equipment by looking, thinking, measuring and asking questions. I've made a few effects pedals for the bass and the most satisfying thing I've done in the last few years is building a pair of transmission line subs into the concrete floor of the new kitchen extension I built (to passive house standard). I discovered this site when looking for a schematic for a sennheiser mkh 406 microphone (which I still haven't found). I've a bit of a vintage mic/hifi/recording collection which I've inherited from my BBC trained sound-recordist dad. I look forward to being a part of this forum. Please enjoy this pic of a few reel to reel machines - I've got quite a few recordings of me as a child recorded on the ferrograph, with either an akg d202 or as dummy head via a pair of sony ecm50s. Cheers

Attachments

• reel to reel machines.jpg
    reel to reel machines.jpg
    691.8 KB · Views: 0
Always good to welcome another UK member, especially one who is into tape recording. I used to have a Uher but sold it many years ago. I still have a Ferrograph, two Revoxes and a 4 track Teac.

Cheers

Ian

Welcome!

From the MKH whitepaper:

The MKH line was extended by microphones for 12V and 48V phantom powering (P12, P48), which received the
model code ‘6’ (MKH 106 P12, MKH 106 P48 etc.). Again, the RF operation facilitated a transformerless balanced and
floating output. Associated with this development was a circuit redesign of the AB models, which then also received
the model code ‘6’ (MKH 106 T, etc.). In the mid 1970s for each method of powering there was an omnidirectional
microphone (MKH 106), a cardioid (MKH 406), a short shotgun (MKH 416) and a long shotgun (MKH 816)
(my emphasis) ..which puts the MKH406 in close family with the 416 - which we have access to (attached) - perhaps this direction makes some sense?

/Jakob E.

Attachments

• MKH 416 48V.pdf
    856.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back