Hello from the eastern part of the US

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tapepath

Hi!
My name is Ken and I live, with my wife and dog, in a city called Hagerstown which is about 1.5 hours west of Baltimore, Maryland. I've been involved with audio equipment in the appreciation of music since the late '60's with an emphasis on vinyl record and magnetic tape playback. I enjoy figuring out how something works and seeing if I can repair it (if needed) and maybe make it perform better. So far almost every aspect of my system has been either built from scratch or modified in some way. My current project involves getting the most from Dolby encoded open reel tapes.

Hi!
My name is Ken and I live, with my wife and dog, in a city called Hagerstown which is about 1.5 hours west of Baltimore, Maryland. I've been involved with audio equipment in the appreciation of music since the late '60's with an emphasis on vinyl record and magnetic tape playback. I enjoy figuring out how something works and seeing if I can repair it (if needed) and maybe make it perform better. So far almost every aspect of my system has been either built from scratch or modified in some way. My current project involves getting the most from Dolby encoded open reel tapes.
GREETINGS!!! -- HEY!!!.....I'm also here in Hagerstown, over by the Northern Middle School and down the street from the two radar traps on Northern Avenue!!! I have also been involved with audio since the early-to-mid 60's and I've worked in recording studios, have worked with sound companies, have designed lots of band PA systems and ran my own "LIVE" recording operation here in town until the COVID-19 lockdown put me out-of-business!!! I moved to Maryland from Indiana back in 1983 to work with Maryland Sound Industries in Baltimore when, at the time, they were "one of the largest concert sound-reinforcement companies in the world"!!! I left MSI in 1985 and I have been working as a "Design Consultant" for a variety of aerospace/avionics companies, defense contractors, medical electronics firms, NASA, R&D laboratories and telecommunications and video electronics corporations primarily in Columbia, MD and the Gaithersburg/Rockville area. Now, I am trying to "work-from-home" using my own CAD-system.

Down in my basement where I have built a "radio-station type" of production studio, I have a 1U rack-mount DBX-decoder that I ever so rarely use in order to playback some of my 10-1/2" studio tapes that were DBX-encoded at the studio I worked at in Indianapolis. I still have a variety of 2-track, 4-track and 8-track reel-to-reel machines here that I am going to sadly one day have to realize that I need to get rid of simply due to my age!!! MAN!!! ..... It's so hard to get of stuff that you have clung onto so dearly for nearly all of your life!!! I even still have around 1,500 albums including original issue Beatles, Dave Clark 5, Kinks and Byrds albums.

In any case.....should you be so inclined, send me a PM and share some thoughts, OK???

/

Latest posts

Back