Hello!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Novadesigns

Hi everyone... my name is Wes.
I'm a professional feature film VFX artist by trade and a former studio musician and commercial composer. Around 2018, I started to get back into music and recording, and during the Covid lockdown I built a nice little home recording studio where I can cut drum, bass and guitar tracks, as well as mix and master for clients.
I'm a pretty hands-on guy and like to do as much of my own repair and restoration work as possible, not just to save time and money, but to make sure the job is done right. I've made all of the line, mic and DB25 cables in my studio. And have even fallen into working on guitar amps and other electronics.

Since 2021 I have fully restored a 1965 Vox Cambridge Reverb, a Silvertone 1481, repaired and recapped my 1967 Fender Deluxe Reverb and my 1976 Marshall 2203, plus a a couple of modern amp repairs and installing grounded power cables on older amps. I still have a LOT to learn, but I'm really enjoying doing these jobs. :)

Being primarily a drummer, I have also done a bit of vintage drum restoration including my very first Gretsch snare drum from 1970 and a 1940s Slingerland Radio King. I also designed and built a custom guitar amp cabinet with voltage regulation and amp/cab switching for my studio.

I'm looking forward to exploring this forum and learning from the more experienced folks here.

Latest posts

Back