Help…U67

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moses Dmj

hello all,

I´m having trouble doing myself a repair on my u67.
i need to replace the electrolytic output coupling capacitor c9, the on in there is 0.5 uf 350v but i dont´t seem to find one anywere.
i allready posted on the blackmaket regarding this, Axel was kind enough to give me an idea of a substitute(evox/rifa) but it does not fit in there.

does anyone has experience with recaping u67´s?
Wich one is the best modern substitute?

thank you

all the best,

hello all,

I´m having trouble doing myself a repair on my u67.
i need to replace the electrolytic output coupling capacitor c9, the on in there is 0.5 uf 350v but i dont´t seem to find one anywere.
i allready posted on the blackmaket regarding this, Axel was kind enough to give me an idea of a substitute(evox/rifa) but it does not fit in there.

does anyone has experience with recaping u67´s?
Wich one is the best modern substitute?

thank you

all the best,
The best thing is to show a photo of what the space situation looks like. There are electrolytic capacitors in this size; it may also be useful to use a film capacitor here. These will last almost forever.

Some physical measurements of the maximum size that might fit in there, would also be useful. Or, well, that's an understatement - it's more like essential.

If I'm not mistaken Neumann used a Ero/Vishay MKT cap in the reissue, it should fit the old one I guess

Latest posts

Back