HELP _ Lawo DV975/3s recapping & broadcast filter removal.. !!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psychaos

Greetings to all .. !!

im really looking for some help with my Lawo summing unit i brought from ebay.
It was supposed to be recapped and broadcast filters removed .. but to my ear it has not been done, i can hear the roll off on the low and top end and looking at the card it seems that it has not been done.
Ive found some before and after recapping shots of some lawo 975/3 cards.

So im really looking for some assistance with this .. im not bad at soldering so i know i can do it .. just need some guidance from some of you lovely brainy people with which caps to remove or replace to achieve a flat response.

I attach some pictures of the unit.

many thanks for your time.

JOTi

Attachments

• Lawo 975:3s_plan.jpg
    Lawo 975:3s_plan.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 96
http://groupdiy.com/searchresults.php?cx=partner-pub-1749889900964910%3A1545385773&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=dv975&sa=Search&siteurl=groupdiy.com%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D56340.0&ref=groupdiy.com%2Findex.php%3Fboard%3D2.0&ss=3443j3919777j5

!!!!!

hi Radience ..

thanks for your search result reply ..

i have read all post regarding Lawo 975 on this site .. i checked before i started a thread.
Most, if not all posts lean towards pimping and recapping the more popular Neumann 475's.
I spent a good day going through every post and thread in those search results you posted too.

It would be great to get this thread up to a Lawo 975 default recapping and pimping thread for all the other DIY'ers who will follow.

I am an enthusiastic, willing and able nooobie ..
Anyone with this knowledge who would like to jump in it would be greatly appreciated and my studio sessions can continue with some vintage flavours ..  :p

info was in the 4th link....

From Darius :

HPF Adjustments for the LAWO DV975-3.

C18, C19, C22, C23 are the highpass filters, increase the values for more low end.
C11, C12, C14, C15, C16, C17 are parts of the lowpass filters, remove them and insert 10nF per channel for C11 and C12 to avoid oscillations. Replace L1 and L2 with a wire bridge.
That should give you around 50kHz at the upper end of the bandwidth

It was posted here and don't understand where Darius's answers went ??

Marty.

hello Radiance,

nice one mate .. i've seen that post before .. i remember reading that a while back but couldn't find it again.
Many thanks for that ..

gonna get busy on this asap.
will keep my progress updated here for the record.

JOTi

Back