Help for a fellow friend and GDIY member - please read!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boji

Hello GDIY crew.

One of our own, Rich Wielgosz (aka Ricardus), recently lost his Father. He was taking care of him at home, full-time.
To make matters worse, his Father's death set in motion other terrible circumstances and family-related problems.
Some details remain private, but Rich and I spoke at length over the phone, and he could really use some financial help from us.

He won't say it but I will:
Your contribution may mean the difference between him being homeless or not this summer.
Won't you visit Rich's GoFundMe, and send him some real world support? Thank you everyone.

Link below:
www.gofundme.com/f/need-help-after-major-life-event

Yesterday was father's day in the UK. My son and eldest daughter treated me to a tour of the Muckleburgh military collection, the climax of which was seeing a newly restored Comet tank, exactly like the one my own Dad commanded in WWII. It was happy because my kids care for me but sad because my Dad is no longer with us. I have a second, estranged daughter who I have not seen for several years evem though she lives on;y 20 miles away and I have a grandson i have never seen. So I can in some way relate to Rich's situation.

Cheers

Ian

Yesterday was father's day in the UK. My son and eldest daughter treated me to a tour of the Muckleburgh military collection, the climax of which was seeing a newly restored Comet tank, exactly like the one my own Dad commanded in WWII. It was happy because my kids care for me but sad because my Dad is no longer with us. I have a second, estranged daughter who I have not seen for several years evem though she lives on;y 20 miles away and I have a grandson i have never seen. So I can in some way relate to Rich's situation.

Cheers

Ian
I would have liked to have seen that tour myself. Glad you enjoyed it.

So I am almost all packed. I am throwing away all sorts of crap as well. I will be moving out of the house that has been my home, on and off, for the last 23 or so years.

I have a place to stay for now, but things are still a little uncertain and scary for me.

Oddly, anxiety is a little lower than it was at this time last week. Not sure why. Don't know if it's the CBD oil or my body adjusting to all the shit that happened in the last 6 weeks.

So if you haven't contributed to my GoFundMe (see first post in thread), please do if you are able. If not, please share my fundraiser in your networks and social media circles.

Im in a similar situation now myself Ric
My mom passed away just over two years ago ,
The house where I lived for most of the last 30 years in now sold ,
I was lucky a friend offered to help me out with a place to stay and store some of my gear .
The sale of the house was supposed to be completed months ago but various legal issues arose ,in the end I had at least half a dozen false alarms , when it finally came time for me to move it wasnt actually as upsetting as I thought it would be . The property situation here in Ireland is beyond breaking point for several years . Now the government has brought in 40.000 Ukrainians adding more heat to the property rental market .

Sorry for your troubles also Ian , my sister cut my mom off from her grandkids a few years before she died , that broke my moms heart . Oddly enough ,despite my brother and sister having never contributed any time or effort (only trouble) to the household as well as them both having a roof over their heads , I ended up having to move from the town Ive lived for well over 40 years and they ended up with an equal share in the estate to which they never contributed anything apart from disorder .
Anyway on the plus side , I was there for my mom as she was for me ,right the way through , she was there for the others too ,but they never returned the favour . There both great at 'self justification' of their own bad behaviour in a most narcisistic way ,a trait thought to them by their father unfortunately .

I did take a trip recently to a large Fort at the mouth of Cork harbour , now known as Fort Meagher ,formerly known as Fort Camden under British rule . Its a fascinating place with all kinds of underground tunnel networks, every Sunday a group of military historical types show off all manner of old military gear ,including guns , only firing blanks or course , they have an old Irish army scorpion tank up there too .

Oddly, anxiety is a little lower than it was at this time last week. Not sure why. Don't know if it's the CBD oil or my body adjusting to all the shit that happened in the last 6 weeks.
Christians sometimes refer to that as Philippians 4:6

Speaking of health issues and work, my brother in law was in a similar way and I asked about and found him a job doing security at one of the gated communities around when I was going through. He loves it. Been at it for probably 8 years. Just sitting in an air conditioned booth all day checking ids..Watching tv or his computer.... He moved on to getting hired at Fox news as security... He hates Fox news. It's pretty hilarious but it's the local Fox news, not the national one....
Keep strong, you'll get through this.

I'm completely packed now. I mean there will be a few odds and ends I throw in the truck at the last minute, but everything that needs to be in a labeled and taped box is labeled and taped.

I pick up my truck on Wednesday, and I drive on Thursday.

Once again, thanks to all who donated to my GoFundMe campaign. It means a lot.

We're only about $250 short of hitting the initial goal for anyone else who'd like to kick in.

Pleased to see you met your goal of $5k. For whatever it's worth, you're also being prayed for. Keep us updated!
Yeah, and it was a fellow DIY'er who got us there. Someone I know from a 500 series group on Facebook.

Once I get down where I'm going I'll open up my laptop and start checking the forum again. No worries there!

Latest posts

Back