I am doing some charity work, PLEASE READ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptownkid

Hello all

This year I decided that I needed to do some good a couple times this year by getting involved in a few charitable events. Recently an opportunity came along to combine something I love and something I feel strongly about so I decided to get on board.

This coming weekend i am playing in a hockey tournament for the Heart and Stroke foundation. I am an avid hockey player and fan, but the Heart and Stroke foundation is a charity that is very close to my heart, no pun intended.

My grandparents, on my fathers side, both had heart issues. Some of you may remember that last September they both passed within 3 weeks of each other. My grandmother had a stroke in her 60's and lived a fairly problem free life from then until her peaceful passing, but as anyone who has been affected by strokes knows, people are never the same. My grandfather had several "silent" heart attacks through his life and a couple serious ones. He was always very strong about it, but there was a definite change in him for the last 10 years of his life.

The most serious heart related event that has happened was the very untimely passing of my wife's father. He was only in his early 50's, and I never had the privilege to meet him, but it still saddens me that he is not around. I get the feeling that we would have been great friends and very close.

So, the whole point of getting involved in something like this is collecting donations to try and make a difference. I know that many people give to many things, but it would be very much appreciated if I could collect as much as possible for this cause. Donations can be made directly to my profile page for the tournament, http://www.hockeyforheart.com/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=327312&u=327312-286687632, or via paypal to my personal account ptk16 at hotmail dot com

I will be 100% accountable for every cent, and will publicly post a list to show this.

Every dollar counts friends, and I'm certain that we all have a dollar or two to spare

Thanks for your time!

Bryan

Father passed away with cancer & heart problems
my Brother had a heart transplant  [ in Ottawa ]

doesn't excuse our government from squander ,
but there is my humble contribution ,
remember to eat right & exercise

$20 to the charity.

My Dad died a couple of weeks ago, and the thing that makes me the most angry is that I don't think he had enough fun. I recommend doing something fun, even if it's scary or dangerous. 

Have fun at the game!

My condolences my friend...I'm truly sorry to hear that.

Thank you so very much gentlemen, it feels very good to be doing something good and I appreciate the help. The experience so far is making me realise that I need to take more time to do things for others more often. If we all put in even a little bit of effort, it can make a big difference to many people!

A recommendation:
Immediately transfer the donations you are receiving via paypal.  When I set up the Haiti Relief Compilation CD and collected donations via Paypal, They froze my account until I had the charity I was working with send me a letter of intent, etc.  It worked out fine, but took about a week to get it all sorted out.

It probably won't happen to you, as I imagine they just had a search for any donations with "Haiti", but something to keep in mind.

Paypal donations processed

donations.jpg

wtmnmf , i saw that with my parents too , waiting for a reward
which never came [ when we retire we can do this , when we
pay off the house we can do that ] .........too late tomorrow
In my eastern view , the natural default of life is to enjoy it
and if you're not then you may be distracted or off track
BUT
how come it's so hard to exercise when you know it's good for you ?

Back to the regularly posted topic , Good work Bryan , worthy cause

It's not always about exercise though Greg...both my grandparents were active, in shape, and seemingly fine before either of them encountered their heart/stroke problems. Neither smoked, neither drank, and neither ate anything other than what seemed like a balanced diet. Unfortunately genetic factors do play a fairly large hand in cases like this and it's not always as simple as exercise alone.

However, it certainly has made me have the desire to eat better, get more exercise and visit my doctor more regularly. Thankfully hockey provides a ton of cardio that isn't boring as hell.

Thanks for the kind words Greg!

You are doing a great thing. PayPal to come, pending the sale of things I bought on the black market, but can do without.

Lukas...you can donate to my personal paypal account and i can add it as a offline donation. ptk16 at hotmail dot com

Stuart...that is awfully noble of you, but you need not make apologies. Either it works out or it does not, no worries.

Thank you very much for the support so far everyone, it is truly appreciated.

paypal donation sent
good luck on the ice 
a Gordie Howe hat trick would be nice to hear about next week
cheers.

Back