Help hooking up Filtek "danner" style modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flextone

Hi guys (and gals?),

I was wondering if anybody can help me out hooking up some german "Danner" modules I got a while back. I'm a total newbie with soldering and reading schematics but I just want to get them up and running for now to see if I enjoy them before splashing out on a more professional racking solution.

Current situation, I have 6 modules that should make a pretty nice stereo channel strip:

2x Filtek mkIII EQ
2x Filtek bkeIII Comp
2x Telefunken W690 active faders

I have tuchel connectors already soldered according to the pinouts (which are the same for both EQ and Comp apparantly), and found a TAB N324 4A psu to power everything nicely. Now, I'm stuck with connecting the modules to the PSU. I had a look at the schematics from Kubarth and I want to make sure I understand what to connect where because I don't feel like playing around with electricity.

Here's the N324 pinout:

314qes8.png

if we start on the right side, ground wire to 61, and hot and neutral to 54 and 58? does it matter which goes where?

on the left it gets fairly complex even though my german is good.  +24v from either 18,19,21 or 22 to the 24+ pin on the Filtek, and 0V from either 23-25 to the 0V pin on the Filtek, and that's it? What are all those interconnections they draw on the pinout? and lastly, what do I do with ground on pin 30? 

Sorry if this is all too basic, I really don't want to make a mistake here.

Thanks,
Ronny.

Latest posts

Back