help/ideas on capsule mount, how to make it higher?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antocu

Hi guys, I have a tlm103 clone from ali, the body is beautiful but the capsule is too low inside the headbasket and it's because the mount is very little as you can see in the photo.
For my u87 build I managed to raise it using some grommets, but here I have two screws that attach to the bottom of the capsule deck so it's different.. I've looked for longer screws but they are of a small size and I want to go 1cm higher so i need a greater thickness. I'm considering a very rough alternative which consists of gluing some washer between capsule mount and deck, hoping it will last over time, but maybe somebody find a better solution? Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-23 102714.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-23 102714.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 0
This is one of the reasons I have zero regrets about putting a decent quality 3D printer in my shop.

I’ve done a few mounts for myself and for repairs and man is it a game changer!

I can even print in TPU and get some vibration isolation built right in.

I’ve also used standoffs in the past with good success, or a good hardware store should have a selection of shim washers you can stack to get the exact height you want.

You can also punch your own spacer washers with a small drill hole saw (say 3/4”) and some acrylic/perspex sheet from the hardware as well. This is also something that’s yielded good results for me in the past!

Back