Help, stacking PCBs with pin headers and pin sockets.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exlabs

This has taken virtually all afternoon... :cautious:

I am trying to find a pair of inexpensive pin headers and pin socket that will let me stack two PCBs with about 10mm gap between from the top surface of the lower PCB to the bottom surface of the upper PCB.

Dims.png

The best options I have found is BG040 Pin Header

BG040 HEADER.png

And the BG150 Pin Socket

BG150 SOCKET.png

From GCT

They have by far the best website for discovering connectors.

Does anyone have a go to pair of connectors for this purpose?

There are many sources and ways to skin this cat. I have used small pin headers and mating connectors to attach daughter boards to main circuit boards. The last one I did was oriented vertical for a daughter board holding the microphone for my old drum tuner.

JR

Been there and got the proverbial garment. Recommend looking at options from Harwin and Samtec. Permutations are virtually endless but suggest look at what is readily available from eg RS, Farnell, CPC.

Been there and got the proverbial garment. Recommend looking at options from Harwin and Samtec. Permutations are virtually endless but suggest look at what is readily available from eg RS, Farnell, CPC.
Yeah Samtec have a lots of options - thanks.

The difficulty was finding a combination that are in stock. I found a nice way to do this using Octopart.
  1. Figure out a partial part number for header, for example, TSW-112-14*-D and socket SSQ-112-01*-D. Note the use of asterisk as wildcard, it will match anything.
  2. Search the partial number with Octopart and select the Part Specification tab
  3. Select the In Stock filter.
  4. Select parts based on price and availability.

Latest posts

Back